Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Binding of Isaac, The

Old 10-08-2011, 10:18 PM   #1
poppy10

Any word on a patch to make the game run better?

I've already changed the in game setting to make it run better, though they helped a lot, the game still runs slowly enough that its becoming tedious very fast, not to mention actually making the game easier a majority of the time.

I've made a habit of AVOIDING picking up familiars (anything that follows you, ESPECIALLY things that shoot like brother boby) if theres other choices instead, because THESE things in particular seem to slow the game down the most. -_-;

My computer is about 5 years old, but it can run what I'm assuming, are more complicated games fairly easily.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:21 PM   #2
Hendrich

Unless this thread is filled with more people telling you to just deal with it because "FLASH IS A LEGITIMATE GAME DEVELOPMENT TOOL AND THE AUTHOR SHOULD PROGRAM WHATEVER HE IS COMFORTABLE WITH EVEN THOUGH IT SUCKS" blah blah blah, there is no word of such a thing.

However, he did say that there will be a large patch issuing near the month of October, so perhaps if we try emailing him our concerns, he'll get the message and do something about it.

/thread
Hendrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:15 AM   #3
poppy10

WTF does that first paragraph even mean? (No seriously read it, its incoherent to an extent!)

But maybe some of us should pester him a bit about it.
poppy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:40 PM   #4
Alden_fenris

As far as I know the large 'patch' at the end of the month (october 31) is a content one, adding items and stuff into the game, dunno if the game will be optimized. As far as I know, this might be pretty much flash's fault, and the only way to optimize it would be moving the game to another language, which might be... not something the author/s are particularly looking forward to do. (but I hope.. that might happen)

On a side note, I have a VERY old pc pentium 4 2.6 1 gb of ram, and a geforce 6200 with 256 mb ram. The game slows down quite a bit at times, tho helpers don't seem to affect it that much (maybe because it already goes slow most of the time) while it hasn't turned things into a hassle most of the time (saving some boss battles without damage upgrades and stuff flying around that really makes thing drag on a while... not enough to make me quit but... annoying), seems things work okish.

And yes, i wish there would be something that fixes the game but, I guess the only answer for my case is 'get a better pc' which is not an option.
Alden_fenris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #5
Syldssuf

I think what he meant is that Flash is inherently slow and a memory hog in any application using graphics. Without porting the game to another thing, or getting Adobe to improve their POS software, there's not a whole lot you can do.

Have you tried "auto" detail mode? My comp's probably slightly newer, though just a Core 2 Duo 1.86 GHz, no overclocking at all (which is why it still works!), but it makes the game playable.

What I want to know is what the heck "alertzy" is. Isn't there supposed to be a manual or something?
Syldssuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:20 PM   #6
LUV_A_BBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syldssuf View Post
What I want to know is what the heck "alertzy" is. Isn't there supposed to be a manual or something?
Azerty is that alternative form of QWERTY for keyboard layouts. See here AZERTY
Old 10-09-2011, 05:42 PM   #7
Syldssuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUV_A_BBW View Post
Azerty is that alternative form of QWERTY for keyboard layouts. See here AZERTY
Ohh. Bleh, why couldn't they make it Dvorak, too? I actually use Dvorak, and always have a crap of a time setting up XPAdder, because of it.
Syldssuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:27 AM   #8
WarKirby

I refuse to believe that simply being in flash is the sole cause of everything sucking speedwise.

for me, i find there's a lot more lag when enemies are attacking, especially firing projectiles. And those bulging-headed enemies that spew flies seem to cause a permanant slowdown as long as they're onscreen.

perhaps flash isn't the best technology for good games, but i'm still sure it would be possible to find and tweak some performance bottlenecks. given that projectiles seem to be part of the problem, i'd wager the physics could do with some optimising.
WarKirby is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Binding of Isaac, The