Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Global Agenda: Free Agent

Old 10-09-2011, 01:09 PM   #1
Kafetist

Got banned for AFK Farming 2k XP :D

I had played for like 4 days and was hitting 40, already got my crescent from the PvP loot and thought that because everybody else is AFK farming at the north sonora "enemy at the gates" spawn maybe I would do the same because I couldn't play the game for the day. So, anxious to get my crescent jetpak on me I set up my missile turret there and left the computer. I netted about 2k xp, which is next to nothing in my humble opinion, and got banned. Nothing I say is going to change their minds, already apologised and promised not to do it again. I have paid for the Elite and even bought a Booster.

If you ask me, a few day temporary ban would have been sufficient with a message telling me that if I do it again it's gonna be a permanent ban next time. Theres nothing in the EULA saying that I couldn't farm for mobs with the robo stuff - but ofcourse there is the part that says that they can remove me from the game without reason and without any notice. It just doesn't seem right to me. I can't post to Global Agenda official forums either.

I have made support tickets asking them any information whatsoever regarding this, and they've only responded to me that I had been AFK farming and also reported of botting. Which is kinda silly, because I have never botted in any game in my life. They also mentioned "we will not lift the suspension this time." This time? Did they mean ever or "at the time being"? This time could refer to "this case" which would make the ban permanent, or this time could also mean "as we speak." They also refer it as suspension, which is a temporary measure.

It's been 10 days now. Not getting any response from them feels like they lied about the suspension and it's really a ban.

Don't you feel like I'm being executed for a minor crime here? After all, it didn't require more than 4 days of playing the game to find out about that "exploit" and I really didn't benefit anything about it either.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:49 PM   #2
Element Lord

That is most definitely stupid, 2k XP is nothing, especially at level 40. at MOST it should be a few days' suspension, and even that is pushing it, a permaban is absolutely ridiculous.
Element Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:51 PM   #3
Crusx

While I agree with you that this shouldn't be a permanent ban, the fact of the matter is that you were still knowingly AFK farming for experience and getting crafting materials at the same time. You may have only earned 2K experience this time, but if you had been able to get away with and done it many more times you could have unfairly gained a few levels. And who can say whether or not your intention wasn't simply to farm up crafting materials and sell them in bulk on the auction house for an easy profit?

Looking at the situation through the eyes of Hi-Rez, I believe that you definitely deserved a few days suspension for knowingly AFK farming (no matter what your intentions were). If you don't get access to your account back in another couple of days (it may be a two week suspension), try either sending another ticket or updating your current one asking for more information. If worse come to worst you could always just make a new account, the game is free after all (although it sucks about your Elite Agent status and Booster).

Last edited by Crusx: 10-09-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Crusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #4
Disodium

I have noticed they are cracking down on this finally, this is a good thing IMHO.

Though I agree, unless you have had suspensions in the past for other things.. it should not be a perma ban but rather suspension + warning.
Disodium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:54 AM   #5
Kafetist

Yeah, maybe they thought I'd be a person that'd take it as a habit to AFK farm. Also, while I don't even know where to start with crafting, or what items are crafting materials (as I have absolutely 0 knowledge on the crafting thing,) they don't know this and as stated above maybe they considered thats what I was doing.

I know the reasons for their ban, I just can't understand these drastic measures. Altho, the servers are overcrowded and they already got 20 euros out of me, so why not kick me permanently to release some bandwidth. Having had played the game for mere 4 days kinda leaves me in a position where half of the time I got no clue what I'm doing (at least in PvP ;D) so this kinda feels like stepping on a mine.

On top of everything, it's not like I duct taped my mouse to shoot a spesific spot not to mention using macros. If they make a spot where it's more than obviously easy to Robo farm maybe they should take some responsibility, apologise the players and fix it, rather than just ban everyone going for the opportunity.

It very well would be a possibility to pay for another account, but honestly, I'm feeling slightly butthurt here, do I really feel like taking another round in that shower?

So far, in any MMO I've played, if there was an exploit that involved only ingame mechanics and it didn't ruin other peoples experience, the developers just fixed it and life went on. Exluding item duping or money duping ofcourse, they're the kind of exploits that actually kinda do ruin other peoples experience. So if this actually was a permanent ban, maybe I won't make another account just for the developers / GMs to tazer me in the dark alley and rob my money again. Coz that's how it felt, having played the game for that short time.

Edit: I admit AFK Farming was a bit of a lame choise, but you have to understand, I looted Crescent Jetpak and couldn't play for the whole day. And I only had one level to go until I could equip it. (If I checked it correctly crescent jetpaks are lvl 40 stuff..) Also, the opportunity was waving a huge neon sign at me saying "plant a missile tower here" - also, the other players hanging out there in numbers on every possible instance helped my way to the AFK xp club.

Last edited by Kafetist: 10-10-2011 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Correcting possible misunderstandings.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:34 AM   #6
Kafetist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disodium View Post
I have noticed they are cracking down on this finally, this is a good thing IMHO.

Though I agree, unless you have had suspensions in the past for other things.. it should not be a perma ban but rather suspension + warning.
I agree that people deliberately breaking the game for other people should be punished. And no, in the 4 days I played I did nothing that could have upset anyone, until this.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:30 AM   #7
Selfdestructive

i see aimboters in this game everyday, but its afk farmers that get banned....
Selfdestructive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #8
MrCrunk

Sounds like the devs are a bunch of lil wank dictators who easily get butt-hurt when someone outsmarts their poor designs.
MrCrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:37 PM   #9
General Jameson

I only stole some money from a bank, not all of it. Why should I have to go to jail as long as someone who stole more money than me?

OP you knew what you did was something of a exploit yet you did it anyway. You should be punished as they see fit and if that means banning you then so be it.
General Jameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:49 PM   #10
javeca

I know some think the punishment doesn't fit the crime. I disagree. If you are a new player and finally make it to North Sonora and you need the PvE mission of kill 5 wasps (easy when you are able to do it) but you discover that some Twinkie is parked AFK farming, and all of a sudden the game becomes a pain in the tail side and a mission that should take you no more than five minutes to complete takes you upwards of an hour, you stop playing and any money Hi-Res could have potentially made is lost.

So in my mind, AFK Farmers should be permanently banned, they make the game less fun for players and can easily cost Hi-Res money in lost players.
javeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:40 AM   #11
gmlou

Hi-Rez are ... Plain and simple. I got banned because my recruit message for my agency had the word "ct" in it. This is the same msg that I used for about a year. However, the day the game went F2P I got banned without warning, without an actual explanation as to what I did wrong (I'm just assuming it was that word).

After talking with their customer support person, it was apparent that a single person on the dev team was offended and decided to ban me... Bull.

Take this into the context of city chat btw... Where every 2nd word from people is a curse word or trolling and you can understand why it's .
Old 12-14-2011, 01:27 PM   #12
Jachal

I gotta say its about a year too late. I started paying this game in the beta the freeloaders/farmers/AFKers would throw off the balance of the match. Used to tick me off when I'm playing an up close and personal assault going for the points and half my team is sleeping away in the respawn.

Good for you for getting banned. Even better for coming here to tell us about it because it made my day. Don't know what made me click this forum, haven't played this game in like 6 months.... I'm glad I did now! Good job HiRez!!
Jachal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:53 PM   #13
Dangazzm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jachal View Post
I gotta say its about a year too late. I started paying this game in the beta the freeloaders/farmers/AFKers would throw off the balance of the match. Used to tick me off when I'm playing an up close and personal assault going for the points and half my team is sleeping away in the respawn.

Good for you for getting banned. Even better for coming here to tell us about it because it made my day. Don't know what made me click this forum, haven't played this game in like 6 months.... I'm glad I did now! Good job HiRez!!
You have no idea what you just read do you?
Dangazzm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:07 AM   #14
Headcrabs

SO are you still banned?

P.S: I see farmers every day on the dome in NS, something should be done about it..
That when Hirez wakes up and decides to save this game from dying, Which will happen sooner or later if They don't solve the problems and keep neglecting this once awesome game.
Headcrabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:34 AM   #15
Jachal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangazzm View Post
You have no idea what you just read do you?
Sorry if I don't condone rule breaking. Rules are rules, call me a , but the OP broke the rules. Don't understand why you are having a comprehension problem, maybe stay in school?
Jachal is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Global Agenda: Free Agent