Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Deus Ex series

Old 10-10-2011, 03:16 AM   #1
wireles

Deus Ex cd-key don't work

Hi,

I just received deus ex human revolution with the explosive mission pack from thehut.com. When i try to activate the cd-key (to start installing the game) it says: please first activate the original game. I seriously don't know what to do, never in my life have i seen such a thing. What must i do to fix this?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/deu3.jpg/
Old 10-10-2011, 03:17 AM   #2
Eunos

Banned
You are entering a key for the DLC, not the game.
Eunos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:19 AM   #3
wireles

all the keys that are in the case don't work:

Their are 3 keys in the case and none of them activate the game
wireles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:23 AM   #4
Eunos

Banned
One for the game, and one each for the two DLC packs, if you entered it wrong it would give you the same error.

If it was used, it would display a different error, look at the normal letters that can be mixxed up like 0+o I+1 that kind of thing.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:28 AM   #5
wireles

The way i see it , it is one code for the game wish is typed on a piece of paper with above : futurepress/augment your experience (thats the code that should activate and gives this error).
Then i have a piece of paper wish says: explosive mission pack (dlc). then the third piece of paper is for the square enix members product registration card. The code for activation should do the trick but gives me this error ,and as far i can see their aren't any problems with mixing up letters and numbers...
Old 10-10-2011, 03:35 AM   #6
Eunos

Banned
I'd contact the seller of the item, looks like you got the two DLC keys but not the game key.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:44 AM   #7
wireles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunos View Post
I'd contact the seller of the item, looks like you got the two DLC keys but not the game key.
Is their a possibility that steam can sort this out?
Old 10-10-2011, 03:49 AM   #8
Eunos

Banned
I doubt it, in all honestly, they have no reason too, but by all means you can ask them.

You might try the developers support site as well as the store that sold it you.

Last edited by Eunos: 10-10-2011 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Added but by all...
Old 10-13-2011, 02:10 AM   #9
HitchHiker

I had exactly the same problem with my copy from Zavvi.com, they're connected to TheHut it seems.

Anyway, phoned them up and arranged for a return and replacement.
Not ideal but you could try that.
HitchHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:44 AM   #10
Zzenith

just found this post and I wouldnt bother getting a replacement from Zavvi, I'm on my second copy and having the same problem with none of the keys working.

Zavvi must have a bad batch, gonna send my second one back for a refund and not bother with this game, simply cant be arsed with the trouble.
Zzenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:11 PM   #11
3ny

Oh F@#*, I got my Zavvi copy today and the exact same thing has happened. They have been sold some defective stock haven't they? This absolutely stinks, I was looking forward to playing this this weekend.
3ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:47 PM   #12
pauldv69

Same here... will be contacting Zavvi for a returns number as soon as their phone lines open.

No wonder they were selling off their stock for 15 quid, I expect they knew the codes were wrong. Shabby business practice. Shabby.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:18 AM   #13
pauldv69

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldv69 View Post
Same here... will be contacting Zavvi for a returns number as soon as their phone lines open.

No wonder they were selling off their stock for 15 quid, I expect they knew the codes were wrong. Shabby business practice. Shabby.
I must say, Zavvi customer care is excellent. No quibbles, very friendly, freepost returns address... If only all online retailers were so accomodating.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:44 AM   #14
rancid_memories

I'm in the same situation having bought from Zavvi, a real disappointment when I tried to install it last night. 3 keys, all useless, and I'm concerned that a replacement will have exactly the same problem. Ideally I'd like them to just post (or email) me the a correct key rather than me having to send it back, but I don't expect they'll go for that.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:15 AM   #15
McDean86

Hi there,

i got the same problem from thehut.com. 3 KEys and noone is accepted as Deus EX:HR.

I contacted first square but they told me i should say to steam support. Then steam support told me that the keys are ok, but only for the DLC and i should contacted Square.

Now i have written an email again to square. If square dont want to help I will return the game. So badly.

I have bought so many games at hut.com and never got problems.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Deus Ex series