Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War series

Old 10-12-2011, 03:39 AM   #1
Zaniaac

Questions about Dawn of War 2 squad game play mechanics

1. Do you control just a group of 4 squad members or can you control multiple squads of 4 members?
2. How is the scirmish mode? I tend to play by myself and rarely touch MP. Are there a lot of custom options I can do?
Old 10-12-2011, 06:30 AM   #2
Jibberish

1. You control multiple squads of varying numbers of members. Most Space marine squads are 3 (most upgradeable to 4), but they also have a number of single-unit squads. This is in contrast to, say, Tyranids and Imperial Guard, who have squads up to 12 members at proportionately lower health and damage.

2. The skirmish mode is okay, but you'll never get a satisfying game out of the AI. Multiplayer will be way more satisfying.

As for options, there's a few dozen maps, adjustable start positions, custom paint jobs for your armies, a handful of gametypes and win-conditions... Pretty typical for an RTS, but nothing balls-to-the-wall customizable.

If you do stick with single player, make sure you get Dawn of War 2 and Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising. both have excellent single player campaigns. Retribution's campaign is only so-so, it's really just there for the multiplayer (which is excellent)
Jibberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
Zaniaac

Ok, thanks. that's exactly what I needed to know. Now I just wait until a Warhammer sale
Zaniaac is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War series