Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RAGE

Old 10-12-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
Koakai

Game fails to launch

I was wondering if anyone knows of a fix for a steam specific problem I seem to be having. When I go to launch the game, I get the lovely preparing to launch rage console box from steam, and then when it goes away I get nothing else. The game fails to bring itself up.

I notice when I have my computer processes screen up then that the rage process is running, but it goes away after a few seconds, and I do not get to see anything rage related at all.

I have installed the new drivers, and this is a less then a month old HP laptop that should have no problems with the game specs.

When I go to verify my game cache files I do tend to have one file that is corrupt, however steam seemingly never fixes it. I am loath to completely delete the game however as I tend to have a lower speed connection when downloading large files such as this. It took me the better part of three days to finally get the game in the first place.

I have backed up the game, deleted my local content and then restored, but that would just bring back the corrupt file I backed up.

I have taken to slowly deleting files from my machine and getting them one at a time from steam again, but still no luck on my part.

Does anyone know of a solution for this rather annoying problem?

If so then thank you. Alas search is pretty much useless when trying to find 'game fails to start', something about the words being too common or short. Hah.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:29 PM   #2
tibetanpunk

I had my game working perfectly, started it today and loaded my save game, the game started to randomly freeze and lock up...

I closed it down, restarted and now all I get is a black screen and then the game closes down.

I just verified the game with steam, it downloaded something small, but it still doesn't launch now.

I think I am about done with this game and it's crap...I'll maybe check back with it in a few months to see if they have bothered to fix this mess.
tibetanpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:34 PM   #3
FusedCore

Banned
Here you go: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...6218-USFX-5568

-FusedCore
FusedCore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:45 PM   #4
tibetanpunk

How do I delete the intro videos? It is the intro video that appears to crash my game launching for some reason...

It has only started to do this. It worked fine before since the launch.
tibetanpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #5
FusedCore

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibetanpunk View Post
How do I delete the intro videos? It is the intro video that appears to crash my game launching for some reason...

It has only started to do this. It worked fine before since the launch.
Use "+set com_skipIntroVideo 1" in your launch options to skip the intro videos and whats your specs?

-FusedCore
FusedCore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:32 PM   #6
Koakai

Woot. I actually got a console box. Hey, progress is progress.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:56 PM   #7
Koakai

Yep looks like I might be stuck now at issue number 10 on your big list fusedcore. Trying the updated updated drivers, but otherwise might be stuck waiting for that mobile patch.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RAGE