Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Rugby Challenge

Old 10-17-2011, 02:54 AM   #1
Doctor_Hades

Controller defaults to P2 and not P1, why?

I'm really enjoying this game but though I'm using the wired Xbox 360 controller, which works perfectly with the game and menus, I am confusingly referred to as P2 (player 2)rather than P1 for some reason? As such the game keeps warning me that all controllers are not selected when I start a match because it seems to think someone else is playing as P1 (player 1) on the keyboard (even though P1 is not assigned to either team).

I'm playing solo so this is a minor annoyance though it doesn't stop me playing the game. How do I become P1 using the controller?
Old 10-17-2011, 04:19 AM   #2
jordNZ

This is normal behaviour - I've chatted to Sidhe about this exact thing and everyone I have asked confirms it. You're right, it's a minor annoyance, although in some ways it's good as it allows you to play multiplayer locally without the need for extra controllers (even though I'm never going to do so, haha). Try not to worry about it and just enjoy the game - that's what I have done. Although I have the xbox version too and was used to the P1 blue player indicators, not the P2 yellow ones - yellow has grown on me since, however (pathetic, I know hahaha).

Cheers.
jordNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:12 AM   #3
Doctor_Hades

But why am I not P1 (player 1) then with the game ready and waiting to accept a second player (P2) on the keyboard? It reminds me of a similar issue I had a couple of years ago with one of the NBA 2K games but that was fixed by deleting the profile and letting the game recreate the file.
Doctor_Hades is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Rugby Challenge