Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PAYDAY The Heist

Old 10-17-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
FluffyBunnies

Overkill, next time...

...sign on with a better publisher. Any gamer worth his salt knows Sony is a joke and I will be shocked if you get any decent sales numbers off the PSN anyway.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:31 AM   #2
Tybalt

Yea, putting all your money on a dying platform with a relatively crappy game publisher is not the best bet.

Longevity will come from PC users and Steam customers.
Tybalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:10 AM   #3
MattGo74

You assume there will be a "next time"...
MattGo74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:20 AM   #4
TheKritsTheyKil

Thumbs up

Try to sign on with Valve next time

They have "Valve Time" going for them, but when it comes to working with another developer, that seems to negate the problem.

Another good publisher (although big and has mixed views) is Electronic Arts...however they seem to be on a roll of making everything dumb itself down to hitting 1,2,3 keys to perform everything for you :P

Could always contact Doublefine! I would LOVE to see a combination of your work with theirs!
TheKritsTheyKil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:24 AM   #5
jdm1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybalt View Post
Yea, putting all your money on a dying platform with a relatively crappy game publisher is not the best bet.

Longevity will come from PC users and Steam customers.
Which is why its such a shame this is happening! I totally agree with you that for a game like this it will be the PC community that will keep it alive!

Yet, we dont get treated like it!
jdm1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:28 AM   #6
ironmaiden947

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGo74 View Post
You assume there will be a "next time"...
Yeah, i really dont think there will be a "next time". Maybe if they become a console-only developer.
ironmaiden947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:59 AM   #7
CaribouLou45

Assuming there is a next time, how about showing your fans some respect and not keeping them in the dark until the last minute.

ExampleS:

1. After a whole week of on facebook saying, "Payday next week", you delayed the game on October 3rd, one day before it's original release.
2. You say "Payday is coming October 18", and finally after countless speculation and questioning, you reveal that the PC version is coming "later in October", one day before the PSN October 18 release date.

Screw you Overkill and your ty customer service, you lost my sale. Canceling now

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PAYDAY The Heist