Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Batman: Arkham Asylum

Old 10-17-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
walenice

M+KB vs controller

Just read about Batman: AC and am now interested in Arkham Asylum. I don't have a controller to plug into the PC... Is this game playable with M+KB or is it too difficult?

I was able to play darksiders on PC with M+KB... is this game similar?

thanks
Old 10-17-2011, 01:14 PM   #2
EliteTemptation

This game is extremely playable with keyboard and mouse, in fact it's what I used to beat the game from start to finish on hard mode first playthrough

I don't know how it even plays with a controller

Just make sure to note these things

1) The game uses Games for windows live, any issues you have with that will most likely be here to annoy you

2) The game has machine install limit DRM, but comes with a revoke tool, so be sure to revoke your key before you uninstall (this will appear in steam tools)

3) Make sure you meet the "recommended requirements" to play the game
EliteTemptation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
mudflaps

Banned
i would just use keyboard n mouse unless you wanna play thru your tv. played arkam asylum with both and didnt favour either. I suppose if you are doing the combat challenge its probably a little easier with the mouse.
mudflaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:20 PM   #4
walenice

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteTemptation View Post
This game is extremely playable with keyboard and mouse, in fact it's what I used to beat the game from start to finish on hard mode first playthrough

I don't know how it even plays with a controller

Just make sure to note these things

1) The game uses Games for windows live, any issues you have with that will most likely be here to annoy you

2) The game has machine install limit DRM, but comes with a revoke tool, so be sure to revoke your key before you uninstall (this will appear in steam tools)

3) Make sure you meet the "recommended requirements" to play the game
Thanks for the reply, not sure what number 2 means? Is games for Windows Live a bad thing? Guess I"m not much of a computer gamer as I thought...
walenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #5
EliteTemptation

Quote:
Originally Posted by walenice View Post
Thanks for the reply, not sure what number 2 means? Is games for Windows Live a bad thing? Guess I"m not much of a computer gamer as I thought...
Games for windows live can prove to be annoying if you need to download "downloadable- content" or transfer your save from computer to computer, or try and use your save on a different "gamertag"

And no number 2 isn't a bad thing, just before you uninstall the game if you ever need to (ex: changing computers, or replacing hard drive) just be sure to use the license revoke took under "tools" section of steam BEFORE you uninstall the game

You shouldn't have any problems really
EliteTemptation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #6
walenice

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteTemptation View Post
Games for windows live can prove to be annoying if you need to download "downloadable- content" or transfer your save from computer to computer, or try and use your save on a different "gamertag"

And no number 2 isn't a bad thing, just before you uninstall the game if you ever need to (ex: changing computers, or replacing hard drive) just be sure to use the license revoke took under "tools" section of steam BEFORE you uninstall the game

You shouldn't have any problems really
Thanks for the Info!
walenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:58 PM   #7
KingFisher316

I used both M&K as well as a 360 controller for this game, and they're both as good as each other.
KingFisher316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:42 PM   #8
Orko...

Quote:
Originally Posted by walenice View Post
Just read about Batman: AC and am now interested in Arkham Asylum. I don't have a controller to plug into the PC... Is this game playable with M+KB or is it too difficult?
I played B:AA on my PC using keyboard and mouse and had no problems. I don't know if the game was also available on consoles, but if it was they did a good job of taking advantage of the PC's keyboard and mouse controls and IIRC they did a good job of allowing you to edit the controls too.
Orko... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:54 AM   #9
DeeZaster

I've used both with this game and I can HIGHLY recommend a controller over the mouse and keyboard. This is the type of game which plays a lot better for most people with a controller. I tried a Saitek P2900 and a Microsoft xbox360 controller with the pc, both worked flawlessly. I'd get either a Saitek xbox360 clone (for the software tweaking alone is well worth it), MS xbox360 wireless or wired controller, or if you want a really slick controller, check out the Razer Onza Tournament Edition Professional XBox 360 Gaming Controller (USB). Ncix has them for a good price, I'd get the TE version as well, just search for Razer joystick and its at the top.
DeeZaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:58 AM   #10
sikboy1029

This is my only 1000 point game on live and I only used a mouse and keyboard. It comes down to preference, really.
sikboy1029 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Batman: Arkham Asylum