Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hearts of Iron series

Old 10-20-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
Angre_Leperkan

HOI3 FTM won't run??

I can't get HOI3 to run anymore. I had it running perfectly on Semper Fi, absolutely zero problems. Never crashed on me or anything. I recently purchased For the Motherland and I have been completely unable to get the game to run. When I attempt to run it through steam, I get the error message "hoi3game.exe has stopped working" and I am asked to terminate the program.
I have tried verifying the game cache several times, defragmenting, and I even completely reinstalled. Anybody know what would cause this?
I'm running on Vista Service Pack 2.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:30 PM   #2
Angre_Leperkan

Can anybody help me with this?
Angre_Leperkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:42 PM   #3
Milkycookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angre_Leperkan View Post
Can anybody help me with this?
1. Register your game at the Paradox Forums.

2. Post your problem there. (Paradox Tech Forums)

3. Just for you try this;

- Completely remove Hoi 3 from Steam (including deleting the folders and all mods from the steam directories...scrub it)
- Re-install Hoi3-semper fi-ftm (make sure they all are steam Downloads, no retail/digital/impulse, d2d hybrid
- Check to make sure the checksum number corresponds to whatever FTM is at the moment. You can find out the checksum from paradox forums.
- Steam will not have the latest beta patches, so don't use any of the beta patches from Paradox. Use only the patches from Steam.

Hoi and any EU engine game requires a complete re-install every bloody patch. It's bloody annoying to be honest. If you do not scrub and re-install, a lot of stuff may not work as intended. A lot of problems that people complain about Hoi is due to the auto updater on Steam/paradox launcher and the patching process.

For some people it'll work, but not as it should (events, scripts may not fire as it was written) for some people like yourself it just will not work.

Last edited by Milkycookie: 10-21-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Milkycookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
Angre_Leperkan

I got it fixed actually thanks to paradox forums. I had the VComp100.dll problem, which meant I just had to follow their link to get it fixed. So for anybody who's having this trouble, go to Paradox Forums, register, and check out their "common problem" pages (I think that's what it's called, something like that).

I think it's kinda ridiculous that they have a common problems page, honestly. Why don't they just fix the damn problems? But whatever, I digress. Thanks for the help
Angre_Leperkan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hearts of Iron series