Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Civilization series

Old 10-21-2011, 08:05 AM   #1
swebonzai

Can't end turn Civ 5

I have a problem, a really anoying problem. I have built the wonder "oracle" and have gained a free policy and now i can't end the turn because the "Choose a policy" button wont go away. I have the "Allow policy saving" option checked but. I can't right-click it to make it go away and it won't go away after choosing a policy.

Im running the game through steam, so yes, it's up tp date. I'm not using any mods and i have used "verify integrity of game cache".

Old 10-21-2011, 01:38 PM   #2
Deiogod

Have you tried pressing enter or shift+enter? Do you have an autosave from a few rounds before? Maybe you can load that and the problem won't occure.
Deiogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:49 PM   #3
swebonzai

I have tried pressing enter... and shift+enter, and alt+enter... and all posible combinations but force end turn dont exist in civ 5 (don't know if it ever existed, but it does not now). I have tried reloading, 5 turns, 10 turns, 15 turns, but same result every time, it's the "free policy" from the "oracle" that screws it up. I could skip building it, but i want it and i cant imagen that it's supposed to be this way.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
rob39874

Make sure there is no units that need to move I have same issue and it was because a destroyer needed to move
rob39874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:56 PM   #5
swebonzai

I have moved all units but it did not work, I have two citys and four units so there is no way i missed anyone. Even tried to move my workers whom were building improvements but no luck, the yellow "chose policy" button still persists.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:56 AM   #6
jonathanmcleod

Press "." (not the quotes mark, just the period!) and it will almost certainly take you to whats causing the hold up¬!
jonathanmcleod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:50 PM   #7
swebonzai

Nothing happens when I press "." (period). I have doubble checked all my units (4) and my cities (2) and tried changing production on both and all units have moved.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #8
Zetal

Sorry for necro-ing... but this is still a problem. The issue is that when you receive a 'Free Policy' from the Oracle wonder, you are forced to use all of your policies before you can end the turn, even if policy saving is enabled.

Is this a known issue and it is just being ignored?

Is there a mod that fixes this?
Old 12-08-2011, 01:20 AM   #9
swebonzai

My problem is still that it doesent matter if i choose all my policies, the button wont dissapear even if i dont have any policy points left.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:18 PM   #10
Zetal

Ah, then I have a different problem, I suppose. Interesting. Is your problem reproducible? As in, if you started a completely fresh game and got the Oracle, does it always prevent you from continuing? Or just that one save?
Old 12-10-2011, 12:12 PM   #11
User923010

I have bugs similar to that too. Usually what works to get around the bug is to click on the "menu" icon in the upper right corner.

It doesnt take me into the menu on the first click but it usually clears up the problem.
User923010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #12
Kruelgor

I just discovered if the Projects (apollo, manhattan, etc..) are deleted/modified then it could have a negative gameplay effect on the Policies button. Not sure why, but it does. So if you're playing a mod that altered the projects that could be the source of your problem.
Kruelgor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:10 PM   #13
Fonkin

I just purchased the game last week and this bug is still here! Come on guys, I will happily send you a saved game so you can trouble shoot.
Fonkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Civilization series