Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 10-22-2011, 08:40 PM   #1
pennjersey83

Exclamation How can I change my steam email if my old email account is deleted?

I want to change (update) my steam email address and password.

The only problem is I deleted my old email address. Steam asks my to type in a confirmation code sent to my old email address before I can change my email contact to its new address.

How can I fix this? I have Steam games I don't want to lose and I want to change my password and email contact

Old 10-22-2011, 08:43 PM   #2
UberTrevor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennjersey83 View Post
I want to change (update) my steam email address and password.

The only problem is I deleted my old email address. Steam asks my to type in a confirmation code sent to my old email address before I can change my email contact to its new address.

How can I fix this? I have Steam games I don't want to lose and I want to change my password and email contact
Contact Support (Tab at the top of this page) and tell them your problem and show proof of purchase (take a picture of one of your retail game CD keys with your name next to it or give some CC info) and tell them your new email.
UberTrevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #3
PieceOfMind

You'll have to contact Support. I hope you have some basic things that prove you're the owner of the account. For example if you have a cd key from a boxed copy that you activated on Steam, that'd probably be enough. Failing that, you might need some transaction IDs or similar.
PieceOfMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:19 PM   #4
pennjersey83

I don't have the product key I purchased the game on steam. Right clicking on the game in the library doesn't show the option to view cd key. I uploaded an attachment of a picture of my account screen with the email I sent steam. Hope this works or I will be a very dissatisfied user.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:12 PM   #5
cccino

Quote:
Right clicking on the game in the library doesn't show the option to view cd key.
That wouldn't be any good to you anyway. PieceOfMind is saying you might need a PHOTO of a PRINTED key on a BOX as proof of purchase.
cccino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:22 PM   #6
H4wk

Quote:
I don't have the product key I purchased the game on steam. Right clicking on the game in the library doesn't show the option to view cd key. I uploaded an attachment of a picture of my account screen with the email I sent steam. Hope this works or I will be a very dissatisfied user.
This should help
H4wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:37 PM   #7
DragosD

Maybe the best way and the fastest way is to make another email the same with the one used and steam will send the confirmation code on that because if you deleted it you can make another one with the same adress.
DragosD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:49 PM   #8
pennjersey83

Thanks guys but I don't have the box for the game because the only game I have is Civ 5 which I purchased on steam. I did not buy it retail

DragosD that is a very good idea I will try it
Old 10-23-2011, 06:58 PM   #9
pennjersey83

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragosD View Post
Maybe the best way and the fastest way is to make another email the same with the one used and steam will send the confirmation code on that because if you deleted it you can make another one with the same adress.

Dude, you are a common sense genius. It worked perfectly. Thank you
Old 10-23-2011, 07:27 PM   #10
PieceOfMind

Common sense genius. That's one I haven't heard before.
PieceOfMind is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips