Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Stronghold series

Old 10-25-2011, 04:58 AM   #1
Zeev

Banned
To all Stronghold Fans: Does it worth 36$ if I didnt play previous games?

I remember playing Stronghold1 many years ago. I liked the game, but it was long ago, and I did not play any expansion or the second game.

Also I like playing single player more than multiplayer rts games.

Does the third game worth 36$?
Old 10-25-2011, 05:05 AM   #2
soulgraph

Its a lot like the first, maybe even too much. I've been defending the game thus far because its so much closer to the original than sh2 & its expantions. But to be fair it does look a little dated, it lacks polish in general and some people are claiming game crippling bugs. I've only seen a few minor ones so far but I got the retail version.
soulgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:06 AM   #3
Zeev

Banned
Thanks for your reply.
So what is the best stronghold game you suggest me to start?
Zeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:22 AM   #4
Fred DM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeev View Post
Does the third game worth 36$?
apparently, it doesn't ( ). 99% of all customer reactions regarding this game seem to be utterly negative. i'll at least wait for the first patch(es) and see where that takes us...
Fred DM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:31 AM   #5
aerial_ace

ill put money that it seems like 99% because generally if the ppl who don't have major problems are of actually playing the game. Tho SH3 seems to be a lot more like a late beta where the just smack the keyboard a few times to figure out certain stats for things(i.e. first mission where the chick runs and everyone else walks) and id recommond SH1 as it easily the best so far(unless firefly screwing with us giving a copy to us)
aerial_ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:40 AM   #6
Fred DM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerial_ace View Post
ill put money that it seems like 99% because generally if the ppl who don't have major problems are of actually playing the game.
yeah, that's why i said "99% of all customer reactions". obviously, those who are playing and have no complaints often aren't giving any "customer reactions".

but in the case of Stronghold 3, the criticism is fairly unanimous and substantiated. it's not just angry ranting, it actually makes sense. there's a serious lack of content, the game's in an unfinished state, it has issues on both the technical and the gameplay side, and in some ways it seems to be a step back instead of one forward.

that's the kind of criticism you can't just ignore or sugarcoat.
Fred DM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:42 AM   #7
aerial_ace

Yeah i do agree that it might as well be a early beta with the polish thats on it
aerial_ace is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Stronghold series