Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RAGE

Old 10-26-2011, 11:12 AM   #1
Gheist88

RAGE crashes at launch.

I have reloaded this game both off the games CDs as well as by downloading(not recommended it took 4.5 hours) and turned back the drivers to Catalayst 11.9 and deleted my Logitech mouse drivers for my gaming mouse MX518 and still this game crashes at launch. Specifically, I click play RAGE in my Steam window and the Rage icon goes immediately to my Window 7 64 bit Home taskbar and my mouse cursor disappears and I have no mouse control or control of Windows 7 except through my keyboard. I can hear in my headphones that RAGE is starting in a window that I cannot bring up. The only way I can get back control of Windows is hitting ctrl-alt-delete and getting the task manager to shut down the Rage program at which point the mouse cursor appears and I have Windows back. I have tried launching Rage from the Rage shortcut but the same thing happens. I have done the test under Properties to verify the integrity of the files and it says one file is missing or has failed but then there is no way to identify or update that file. Any suggestions I have Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit, Intel I-7 processor, ATI 5850, 8GB RAM.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:19 PM   #2
Gheist88

Problem Fixed

I found out what my problem was by reading the TGMistress problem replies. During the loading and deleting of all the special beta ATI drivers to fix the video problems with RAGE I have tried somehow I got a second monitor configured and RAGE was displaying upon launch on this imaginary second monitor so I went into the Catalyst Control panel and deleted the secondary monitor configuration and Voila! the game works. Hope this helps someone else.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RAGE