Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Horde

Old 10-28-2011, 12:26 PM   #1
sigmer

Do NOT buy this game

its crap

I personally think that, everything about this game sucks, Graphics, Game play and Game mechanics, its really bad in my opinion and i am really sorry i did not shoot my cash after another game..

Last edited by sigmer: 05-05-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
soviet_sharkey

Banned
Care to say why?
soviet_sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:01 PM   #3
ericL

Really immature to make such a topic and not even give an explanation to why the game is "crap". I reckon you are of low intelligence and thus i will explain to the readers of this thread, my thoughts on why this game is not good.

1. It runs bad.- i have a computer capable of running bf3 smoother than this. It runs at around 25 fps (playable for some, but surely not smooth at all)
2. it doesnt even look good. The graphics are ugly and outdated. The maximum resolution is 1200x1040 (and onces again; it lags ..)
3. The gameplay wasnt really nice. At least not from what i saw. Due to 1 & 2 i didnt play for long obviously.

Overall this doesnt feel good sadly.
ericL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:02 PM   #4
Trynotdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericL View Post
Really immature to make such a topic and not even give an explanation to why the game is "crap". I reckon you are of low intelligence and thus i will explain to the readers of this thread, my thoughts on why this game is not good.

1. It runs bad.- i have a computer capable of running bf3 smoother than this. It runs at around 25 fps (playable for some, but surely not smooth at all)
2. it doesn't even look good. The graphics are ugly and outdated. The maximum resolution is 1200x1040 (and once again; it lags ..)
3. The game-play wasn't really nice. At least not from what i saw. Due to 1 & 2 i didn't play for long obviously.

Overall this doesn't feel good sadly.
I bought it on the Halloween sale for some COOP gaming, and sofar my experience is quite the opposite.

1. It runs very well, with everything at max, 90-120 FPS when using fraps. I canīt get more then 120 fps though since i use V-sync with a 120Hz monitor, but it never dips to low frame-rates. I got a single GTX580 though, but since itīs almost always at max fps for me it should nīt go very low on older systems. You must have something wrong on your end - BF3 is a lot more demanding than this

2. Itīs not a game you showcase your new shiny graphics in, but itīs quite nice variation in environments and such. Oh, and i run it in 1080p ( 1920 x 1080 ), easy to pick if you just look under graphic options.

3. Game-play is a bit old-school, itīs fun because itīs COOP and it was a while since i played a "twin stick"-shooter on my PC.

It has itīs quirks, and some bad animations, but itīs fun in COOP, and there is really no reason to outright lie about stuff is there...

Last edited by Trynotdo: 10-28-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Trynotdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:23 AM   #5
mrt

It's some hybrid of Shadowgrounds and Alien/Zombie Shooter series, though it lacks both atmosphere of first one and high intense of second. And last drop in the cup was weapons dealer's kiosk in the middle of infected zone! If you want coop arcade shooter - consider to buy Alien Breed. Sorry devs, you're cool, but this game is... not really.
mrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:26 AM   #6
EE_silencer

thx for the thread, won't buy this one
EE_silencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:41 AM   #7
MRBresler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trynotdo View Post
I bought it on the Halloween sale for some COOP gaming, and sofar my experience is quite the opposite.

1. It runs very well, with everything at max, 90-120 FPS when using fraps. I canīt get more then 120 fps though since i use V-sync with a 120Hz monitor, but it never dips to low frame-rates. I got a single GTX580 though, but since itīs almost always at max fps for me it should nīt go very low on older systems. You must have something wrong on your end - BF3 is a lot more demanding than this

2. Itīs not a game you showcase your new shiny graphics in, but itīs quite nice variation in environments and such. Oh, and i run it in 1080p ( 1920 x 1080 ), easy to pick if you just look under graphic options.

3. Game-play is a bit old-school, itīs fun because itīs COOP and it was a while since i played a "twin stick"-shooter on my PC.

It has itīs quirks, and some bad animations, but itīs fun in COOP, and there is really no reason to outright lie about stuff is there...

How do you get it to run 1920? I Dont see that in graphics options?
Old 10-30-2011, 11:31 AM   #8
Trynotdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBresler View Post
How do you get it to run 1920? I Dont see that in graphics options?
When in the options-menu click on "resolution", on the right side you see a small box you have to click on and drag down to see the higher resolutions.

The scrollwheel doesnīt work perhaps people miss it because of that.
Trynotdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:59 PM   #9
soviet_sharkey

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by EE_silencer View Post
thx for the thread, won't buy this one
Because of a thread not stating why the OP hates the game
yes totally worthy of deciding your purchase
soviet_sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:05 PM   #10
ericL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trynotdo View Post
When in the options-menu click on "resolution", on the right side you see a small box you have to click on and drag down to see the higher resolutions.

The scrollwheel doesnīt work perhaps people miss it because of that.
hmm yes. i must have missed that. Will try this later. Very better in 1080p i will assume.
ericL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:24 PM   #11
UniversalCypher

i agree, devs left the game to rot (no pun intended)..it could have been so much more but the devs dont care..

-UC
UniversalCypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:10 PM   #12
sinnsmd

Wow, if you cant tell how the games gonna look or play in the VIDEOS of the game then you shouldnt only not play the game, you should see a doctor about your eyesight problems......
sinnsmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:08 AM   #13
DrugulaWizard

Banned
I love the environments and graphics in this game but the rifle gets really boring using it all the time and its your main weapon

And the checkpoints are spaced a bit too far apart. getting killed in a hard bit right before next checkpoint means you've gotta start from a fair way back

Most the time you just run backwards while being chased by zombies and then you get cornered and roll out the way. The game looks superb and I really dig the lighting and landscape but it got boring fast. I never played this coop though so maybe that will make it more fun, but I have no friends who own it
DrugulaWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:50 PM   #14
Earthworm James

oh, another very useful thread
Earthworm James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:16 AM   #15
pepinareal

Wink Yeah crap 2011/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmer View Post
its crap

Crap game. What even 1 cm image is at an angle. (For me).
This video is what the game on Steam, so it looks gorgeous.

But do not be fooled.
It's crap = D

Buy better Shank 1 or Plants vs zombies.
pepinareal is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Horde