Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 10-28-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
gmodperson

no cloth map for pre-orders?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEC-d...layer_embedded

I'm sure it was cloth map for all pre-orders. a normal paper map just inst worth it.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:50 PM   #2
Thaifun

They said you would get a 'premium' quality map,
all that probably means, is that it's not some cheap map that has been folded a houndred times.
Thaifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
Vasir

Really? I was sure they said cloth with all retail pre orders.
*shrug* At least I'm not dissapointed with going steam.
Vasir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:13 PM   #4
derselbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmodperson View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEC-d...layer_embedded

I'm sure it was cloth map for all pre-orders. a normal paper map just inst worth it.
isn't worth what?
i mean seriously, skyrim needs no preorder bonus and it's still worth it imho!

but i have to admit that this is a funny issue,

first i have heard of a leather map and i thought "oww ma gawd, da poor little animals..." (take this not to serious)
then i have heard it's just a cloth map...
and then i read a post from a guy telling that oblivion only had a paper map.

but why am i posting, i have preordered through steam hmm i don't know, just4fun..
derselbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:51 PM   #5
dannythefool

Quote:
Originally Posted by derselbe View Post
first i have heard of a leather map and i thought "oww ma gawd, da poor little animals..." (take this not to serious)
Haha... all that talk about the possibility of a leather map actually was one reason why I never considered getting a retail copy ;-)
dannythefool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:12 PM   #6
Cobalt2202

So I can't blow my nose on it?
Cobalt2202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:49 PM   #7
enemyofportal

Banned
did they say it's preorder? NO. they just said that they got xbox 360 version of skyrim to use for review. so if some of you preordered, you will get leather map anyway. it's only preorder exclusive. but skyrim preorder bonus looks just lame. I don't care. I am fine with steam version. oh, it's good, only 6GB (sarcastic).
enemyofportal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:16 AM   #8
Thibs

YOU DON'T GET A LEATHER MAP.

The concept is hilarious, but I doubt that Bethesda would dare spark the ire of PETA for slaughtering several million cows, deers, goats and pigs for that sort of pre-order gift. Though I would imagine that shipping companies would ador Bethesda for that because leather isn't lightweight (a 36" x 24" leather map would weigh more than the box the game comes in).

If the place you pre-ordered from says you get a pre-order bonus map, you will likely get a plasticized cloth map. If it doesn't say you get a pre-order bonus, you don't get one. You'll have to make do with the paper map inside that comes with ever retail copy of the game.

Don't fret, that paper map is more than I'm getting for pre-ordering through Steam.
Thibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:22 PM   #9
TheSagetEffect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thibs View Post
I doubt that Bethesda would dare spark the ire of PETA for slaughtering several million cows, deers, goats and pigs for that sort of pre-order gift.
To put it in the immortal words of Edward Anatolevich,

"Trololololololololololo yohohoho"
TheSagetEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:33 PM   #10
Mr Miyagi

I will give up the cloth map to be able to preload the game and play at midnight on 11/11/11. I know some people won't buy the steam version due to no cloth map but not everyone cares about collectables
Mr Miyagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:35 PM   #11
orpheus.

Are we absolutely sure that we'll be able to preload? And if so, how long before the 11/11/11? Does anyone know?
Old 10-29-2011, 01:37 PM   #12
Mr Miyagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus. View Post
Are we absolutely sure that we'll be able to preload? And if so, how long before the 11/11/11? Does anyone know?
I'd be very surprised if there is no preload since this game is a Steamworks game. I'm guessing preloads will start a week or maybe 3-4 days before launch.
Mr Miyagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:06 PM   #13
eskimOWNED

for
amazon its cloth.
eskimOWNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:12 PM   #14
Lone_Sword

I don't get where you guys are getting "leather" from. "it’s a high-grade material that has a feel similar to burlap" - http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/...ield-cloth-map

Burlap is not leather. Here's the usual texture on burlap: http://corybuckley.files.wordpress.c.../04/burlap.jpg

It's a pretty big difference.
Lone_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:45 PM   #15
Thibs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Miyagi View Post
I will give up the cloth map to be able to preload the game and play at midnight on 11/11/11. I know some people won't buy the steam version due to no cloth map but not everyone cares about collectables
If you live on the East Coast of the US, you probably won't see any midnight Skyrim gameplay. According to the storefront page, Skyrim unlocks at 4am. That is not exactly 12:01am, like Bethesda's Peter Hines says we'll be playing.

According to Steam support, "The information on the Steam Storefront is the only available information at this time." whatever that might mean.
Thibs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V