Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Nation Red

Old 10-29-2011, 01:16 AM   #1
Saering

Profile Weapons

The different "classes" have different weapons that they do increased damage with.

Well while playing scout the thought occurred to me that it would be nice to be able to choose which two weapons receive that bonus as I rarely use the specified weapons, I feel like it reduces weapon variety as well.

Would it be possible to be able to change this? Or would it impact "class" separations too much?
Old 10-29-2011, 01:25 AM   #2
SnowBrigade

DiezelPower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saering View Post
it would be nice to be able to choose which two weapons receive that bonus.

Would it be possible to be able to change this? Or would it impact "class" separations too much?
Hello Saering,

It's a bit like the custom classes that some players want to see.

Of course that can be added, but that feature should then go all the way, meaning you should be able to choose what the player looks like, their weapons and attributes. The only problem then is: who would choose one of the existing classes if you can create your own anyway? But again, of course it's possible to do.

Regarding the two preferred weapons, keep in mind that the extra damage is just a small part of a class advantage; extra speed, healing or armor for example is probably the most effective part of a class.
SnowBrigade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:53 AM   #3
Saering

Wow, I'm impressed with how attentive the DiezelPower team is to these forums!

I see what your saying, does that mean that this is something that is planned for the future?

My two cents on the matter would be that a change in character customization options would be something that is gradually introduced.

The basic presets can always serve as the main archetypes with player created classes being variants. I don't see any particular issue with this as an archetypal sniper will appeal most to "dedicated" sniper players who will always prefer a sort of "pure" sniper, whereas the variants based upon that archetype would draw players who have a tough time choosing between a sniper or scout character for example.

Yeah the scout's speed is certainty much more of an advantage than 5-10% extra damage on a gun, but that influence still makes me wonder how much of a difference that could have made had I kept that AK. I guess that's kinda what prompted this thread in the first place.
Saering is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Nation Red