Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems

Old 10-29-2011, 03:19 PM   #1
Lykaio

Question Hardware problem? Or what else?

So, yeah. It's been two weeks now, since my Steam games pretty much stopped working. They either crash 10 minutes into the game, or they pop out a BSOD mentioning an "unsolvable hardware issue", before rebooting the pc.

The problem started without reason, since I didn't change any part of my pc, or installed some new programs.

At any rate, after seeing that the solutions suggested by the Steam Support and the Steam troubleshooting guides didn't do the job, I decided to simply reinstall Windows altogether. But, unfortunately, the problem was still there.

So I thought the problem was in my pc, maybe some kind of Hardware conflict that suddenly happened. I changed motherboard, graphics card, Power supply and Hard Disk.
And again, nothing changed. All my games still crash shortly after I open them.

And now I'm totally clueless. I don't know what I should do next, what else is left for me to try.
So I ask you guys, hoping that someone is kind enough to lend me a hand.

My specs are (no OC):

Processor: Amd Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3114 Mhz
Motherboard: ASUS M2N-E ACPI
4 Gb Ram
Graphics Card: Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5
HDD: Seagate SATA 300m/s 250gb

I've already tried the classic steps (verifying game cache, deleting the user folder in stamapps, updating drivers and BIOS, ecc) with no luck at all.
I'm not an expert with pcs, so if you need ANY additional information just tell me, and I'll try to post it as quick as I can.

Thanks to everyone who's reading this. I really don't know what else I can do, this post is pretty much the last thing I can think of.

Last edited by Lykaio: 10-29-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
Aulex

Take a picture of the bsod and post it
Aulex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #3
Pollushon

As Aulex asked, the BSoD detail would be good. That said, based on the bits you've replaced and the fact you've reinstalled the OS, RAM comes to mind as a culprit. In fact 12 months ago I had a similar issue that only affected games, BSoD's and crashes to desktop. Ended up being a bad stick of RAM.

Too early to speculate though without the BSoD information.
Pollushon is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems