Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection

Old 10-29-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
Paradox__rep

Paradox
Official info III

Official info III

Hi,

we are very much aware that many of you still experience problems with the game and we are truly sorry for the situation!

Below you can find todays update that consists of a few quick fixes as the team hammers away on improving the stability and working on adding content.

Kerberos efforts will become evident in the Monday update, as well as following updates. So until then, please hang in there, and thanks for your patience! We will work 24x7 to be deserving of it.

Changelog for todays update 17369c (Saturday)
- Fixed some intermittent crashes that could occur on the star map.
- Solved an issue where planet details screen might not clear out old information.
- Fixed black ships in star map.
- Fixed other graphical glitches that have been reported.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/6652/

As always you are also welcome to contact us directly via Zendesk/our support. http://paradox.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new

Please know that we will support the game all the way, so stay with us!

Paradox & the Kerberos team
Old 10-29-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
Hav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox__rep View Post
Official info III
Workarounds here;
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...try-and-play)&
Hav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:29 PM   #3
Khazrael

I for one have found the game to be a gem in the rough. It has all the things I enjoyed from the previous title, and has nothing but improvements as far as the concepts you have brought forth in this new one.

Between how it was yesterday, to how it is now there is a huge difference as far as stability, and it pleases me to know that it will do nothing but improve.

Kudos to you, Paradox and Kerberos for bringing such a splendid title to the genre.

Last edited by Khazrael: 10-29-2011 at 03:32 PM. Reason: spelling
Khazrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #4
Connacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazrael View Post
I for one have found the game to be a gem in the rough. It has all the things I enjoyed from the previous title, and has nothing but improvements as far as the concepts you have brought forth in this new one.

Between how it was yesterday, to how it is now there is a huge difference as far as stability, and it pleases me to know that it will do nothing but improve.

Kudos to you, Paradox and Kerberos for bringing such a splendid title to the genre.
My "Options" menu is still greyed out and the scenarios are missing. Is that an improvement from the previous title?
Connacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:44 PM   #5
TheLastRonin

Thanks for the information. Can you please let us know the state of Kerberos? The company isn't going to collapse or anything ridiculous right? I'm happy to keep my money in the pot until the fixes... I just want to know that there WILL be fixes.
TheLastRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:50 PM   #6
Heart of Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connacht View Post
My "Options" menu is still greyed out and the scenarios are missing. Is that an improvement from the previous title?
Great contribution, Im sure your snark made everyone feel better.

I have great confidence in Kerberos, they've shown great support for the original SotS, long after other companies would have moved onto other (profit generating) projects, a couple of days more waiting isn't gonna hurt anyone.

I agree with Khazrael, what I can actually see of the game leads me to feel VERY excited, Im sure this is gonna turn out to be an excellent game.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:52 PM   #7
devorules

please dont sell alpha versions of your games
devorules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:58 PM   #8
Connacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart of Storm View Post
Great contribution, Im sure your snark made everyone feel better.

I have great confidence in Kerberos, they've shown great support for the original SotS, long after other companies would have moved onto other (profit generating) projects, a couple of days more waiting isn't gonna hurt anyone.

I agree with Khazrael, what I can actually see of the game leads me to feel VERY excited, Im sure this is gonna turn out to be an excellent game.
The point I was trying to make is that in the midst of one of the worst launches in the history of PC gaming, you've got people praising Kerberos for an awesome game and talking about how awesome they are as a company - when all the evidence points to the contrary and has pointed there for some time. I get that Kerberos' forums are down and thus the fanbois are out on the prowl to quell dissent, but this is the absolute wrong time and place to do it.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:58 PM   #9
Khazrael

Quote:
I'm sorry you hate yourself so much that you feel the need to attack people for not being as perfect as your ego. Things will improve: go play with your action figures in the mean time, kid.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:02 PM   #10
Lio

I haven't actually played the game yet. I can't, i wish i could. But never gotten past the game creation screen.

But ill give it a month or two and check back. I liked SOTS1 and i want SOTS2 to be a success.
Lio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:07 PM   #11
Connacht

Quote:
I'm sorry you hate yourself so much that you feel the need to attack people for not being as perfect as your ego. Things will improve: go play with your action figures in the mean time, kid.
You're right, it's my fault for expecting that the PC games I purchase actually launch with basic features enabled and most of the promised content.

I think I will go play with my action figures - they shipped fully assembled and with all of their components.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:13 PM   #12
Tericc

I'm on turn 156 and finding it to be a gem still buried under the mountain of ruble that's on the surface.

Its taken allot of trial and error but aside from the lack of options and the occasional crash that the auto save is best used for to repair what is lost. Its a really good game thus far. Had a really big battle with the Single (another thing i wish was to have more then one apposing faction and can only have one to my knowledge) and it took many turns and was a blood bath... loved it.

If i had to point out the best feature it would be the music.. pure epic and probably followed by the stunning visuals of planets and prob the battles itself.

If I had to pick out the worst (that's usable, not going to name what isnt there yet) it would be the lack of information of what is going on in your empire.

I thought about the Interface being the worst. And rightly so if I did not do my trial and error on my part. Now that I'm used to its style and know how to set up colony fleets and other stuff. I can get what I personally put into it. (still wish it was a little more refined)

But what i meant about information was what my planets are doing.. how many ships are being built, how long is it going to take to pump them out. no warning when an enemy ship is within sensor range. ( you have to keep a keen eye out for this otherwise you will get )
Now if you set your focus on one planet or a few (depending on your multitasking ability) its not hard to remember what that one planet is doing. but say you have8 planets, ships zipping all over the place. and an enemy that wants you dead.. Information similar to sots 1 would be nice.

Tho i don't know if its a bug or if its simply going to take this long sometimes but i have selected 3 grand menace's at the start of the game. Its now turn 156 and my empire is thriving and busy place. Unless my enemy is getting hammered by them or it if only one comes out at a time I don't know. I have also considered the possibility that the grand enemy is not in the current build.
Tericc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:26 PM   #13
Khazrael

Quote:
You're right, it's my fault for expecting that the PC games I purchase actually launch with basic features enabled and most of the promised content.

I think I will go play with my action figures - they shipped fully assembled and with all of their components.
The difference between you and I:

You see the game's faults and choose to point them out whilst sulking, ing and moaning.

I see how the game can (and will) be improved, and can honestly say I'm excited.

Last edited by Khazrael: 10-29-2011 at 05:51 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 10-29-2011, 04:39 PM   #14
Connacht

Quote:
The difference betwee you and I:

You see the game's faults and choose to point them out whilst sulking, ing and moaning.

I see how the game can (and will) be improved, and can honestly say I'm excited.
Oh I can see the potential, but potential and an empty sack is worth the sack.

If if makes you feel better to think I'm sulking while you're having a good time, I see no reason to deny you that fantasy. Maybe Kerberos' forums will come back online soon and then the fanboi patrol can go back to consoling each other with Mecron's lies and half-truths.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:48 PM   #15
Couldar

Still totally unplayable for me.
In ship design all the modules are named *@MODULETITLE, in weapons test only small laser turrets fire at anything, none of the other weapons (mediums or projectile) have barrels.
Opening up fleet management crashes the game, sending a ship on a mission crashes the game when the ship gets to the mission (even when reloading autosave).
With the lack of information in the game about what things do even if they did work it would still be unplayable.
It looks pretty but that is about it.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection