Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dungeon Defenders

Old 10-31-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
Chetyre

Huge Squire nerf in upcoming patch

Taken from the official forums:

Quote:
* Nerfed Bowling Ball & Harpoon Turrets a bit more: bowling ball & harpoon damages reduced by about 33%, attack rate reduced by about 25%, bowling ball projectiles now limited to 6 hits before breaking, harpoon projectiles now limited to 12 hits before breaking.
Effectively it's nerfing the dps of squire turrets by 50%. In return they are buffing the hp of spike barricades (does anyone even use these?) which hardly seems to even out the nerf. I can understand if they think the squire is out of line with other classes, but I think I would much rather see other classes buffed (i.e. app towers and increase durability on auras [can't even convince my friends to let me use them as right now they're not worth the du since they require too much babysitting]) rather than such a drastic nerf. Or nerf the damage on squire towers but increase the hp of bouncers and s&d's (maybe) so they're more effective at holding chokes.

I'm curious for more opinions on this. And please, try to keep it civil as I know there's a lot of people out there who despise squires. I think this is a big nerf for not a very good reason, and I play a huntress...
Old 10-31-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
meditate

I for one am outraged(overstating it but I'm not satisfied). I would argue that they keep their damage but lose some HP, because losing damage in exchange for stronger spiked barracades is pouring salt in the wounds.
meditate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:48 PM   #3
zerrok

I agree that the Squire is a little too strong but these nerfs are way too over powering. They need to balance out other classes towers to be slightly stronger and make his slightly weaker, not huge values like this.

Bad nerf really.
zerrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:54 PM   #4
Nebz

My problem with squire has always been that if there's a Squire in the group there's no need for anyone else. In fact, you'll most likely get kicked if you use up any DU with your crappy towers.

In short, a squire negates the need for any other class.
Nebz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:02 PM   #5
Sifer2

I completely agree with it. No the other class's don't need to buffed up into overpowered easymode level. I would prefer it if no class could solo Insane.

In fact I think they didn't tone down the Harpoon enough since 12 targets is still a crap ton. But I guess we will see how it fairs with reduced attack rate first. But if Squire defenses actually require *gasp* support from other class's then its a great change.

Oh an if you don't use Spike Barricades your a noob. Cheapest DU wise an highest hp I believe make it the best general barricade. Will definitely best period its buffed more.

Last edited by Sifer2: 10-31-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Sifer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:20 PM   #6
Immortal D

I chose Squire as my first character simply b/c he doesn't wear pants. That said, they've really gone overboard with this patch.
Immortal D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:00 PM   #7
Chetyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifer2 View Post
Oh an if you don't use Spike Barricades your a noob. Cheapest DU wise an highest hp I believe make it the best general barricade. Will definitely best period its buffed more.
Magic barricades cost less du and are needed if you have any apprentice towers. They also, unlike bouncers, do no knockback which means even though they have more hp they take far more damage...
Chetyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:07 PM   #8
Nebz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetyre View Post
Magic barricades cost less du and are needed if you have any apprentice towers. They also, unlike bouncers, do no knockback which means even though they have more hp they take far more damage...

That brings up the other problem. Nothing resists physical damage. yes an apprentice needs those barriers because 1/3 of the mobs wil be completely immune unless they touch a barrier. Where a squires towers are barriers themselves that do incredible damage with zero resist.
Nebz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:25 PM   #9
jdun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebz View Post
That brings up the other problem. Nothing resists physical damage. yes an apprentice needs those barriers because 1/3 of the mobs wil be completely immune unless they touch a barrier. Where a squires towers are barriers themselves that do incredible damage with zero resist.
You don't need barriers. I don't used them. I think they are a waste of DU. Why block a path when you can outright kill them before they reach the barriers?

I just finish solo Halloween map on hard. Zero barriers.
jdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:30 PM   #10
Lewismio

This is ridiculous. 33 percent is just crazy.

I thought the first nerf was neccesary but the second it absolutely ridiculous.
Lewismio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:42 PM   #11
Chetyre

Er, uh oh:

My ballista pre-patch 3k dmg, post patch 1.5

can anyone confirm this?
Chetyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:13 PM   #12
Lixy

It's more than 33% btw. My Squires Harpoons and Bowling Balls now hit for an amazing 1100 damage. (with a full tower build, of course.)
Lixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:26 PM   #13
Immortal D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lixy View Post
It's more than 33% btw. My Squires Harpoons and Bowling Balls now hit for an amazing 1100 damage. (with a full tower build, of course.)
How worthless. At this point we're better off adding a dps Hero instead of Squire Towers.
Immortal D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:32 PM   #14
jdun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal D View Post
How worthless. At this point we're better off adding a dps Hero instead of Squire Towers.
Harpoon is the only tower that actually worth the DU price. The rest of the Squire towers are junk compare to the other classes. Nerfing harpoon is a big mistake.
jdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:47 PM   #15
HorrorScope

What sucks is the game was released and it was overall too easy. If it would have come out of the oven more of a challenge it would have been excepted. Now we want everyone to come up to the Squire's level, because that is what we are used to.

Do they remove all the High-scores when they rebalance?
HorrorScope is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dungeon Defenders