Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > 1... 2... 3... KICK IT!

Old 11-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
TheCrolo

Good?

Is this game worth getting I,m not really sure
Old 11-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #2
darkgriffin1986

Right now, for playing this instant?

I'd have to say a big NO. But don't just run off...let me explain.

It's very early beta/alpha and basically, the developer has scrapped what they had in favor of a (much better mind you) new design for the game all the way to the core gameplay.

So when the game is finally finished for good, it will probably be very worth it. If you check the dev's site, they've been working on some new concepts and redesigns that are probably going to rock way better then what we have now.

But if you want a game to play this instant, or even in the next few weeks...you're probably better off buying something else. The developers are really in a "long haul" situation, and the alpha we have to play is really more like a 1 level demo(that isn't even the same exact gameplay as what the real game will be doing anymore) then anything else at the moment.

My 2 cents.
darkgriffin1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:11 PM   #3
dejobaan

Dejobaan Games, LLC
Thanks, DG'86. I will work towards making these dreams come true.
dejobaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:55 PM   #4
MithranArkanere

But, hey, if you get it now, you will be funding the game development, and whenever it gets into some Steam-wide game like the ARGs and the Summer Camp, you'll have it ready in your computer.
MithranArkanere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:15 PM   #5
HoosTrax

I got this game as part of the Potato Sack, and to be honest, I think the core gameplay needs work before it can be considered an enjoyable game.

The experience...I can best compare to having to string a needle hundreds of times over and over. You can imagine the tension and irritation that starts to build up after a while.

Conceptually, the game is a bit similar to Audiosurf, but with some key differences:
- you can move up and down in addition to left and right, so it's more of a "flight" like experience as opposed to driving a hovercar
- you score by aiming your crosshair through small circles in space as you move forward instead of hitting colored blocks in the lanes

With Audiosurf, depending on your control scheme, movement can be either digital (hit one key or controller button to move into a different lane), or analog if you're using mouse controls. With Kick It!, movement is analog only, and being that you need to move both U/D and L/R for each little circular target that you come up on, it starts to get very taxing after a while. The fun "flow" of Audiosurf isn't really there due to the need for constant, unending precision and focus.
HoosTrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:48 PM   #6
dejobaan

Dejobaan Games, LLC
Okay, we're back from the Great Forum Outage of 2011!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosTrax View Post
The experience...I can best compare to having to string a needle hundreds of times over and over. You can imagine the tension and irritation that starts to build up after a while.
I think you're absolutely right. There's a certain tension/release that goes on during most games, and the game has yet to hit it. John's posted a bit here, and I'm reluctant to post what we have so far, but I will do so soon.
dejobaan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > 1... 2... 3... KICK IT!