Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Binding of Isaac, The

Old 11-02-2011, 05:29 AM   #1
1nvisible~

Fix for the Achievements Not Unlocking Problem

I've made a fix for those who don't have their achievements unlocked.

Version 1.5 (latest, 12.11.2011)
  • Application is now window-less and doesn't interrupt your game.
  • Reduced size to 5 Kb.
  • Visual C++ Redistributable is no longer required.
1. Download the zip here:
http://ge.tt/3G2wLRT/v/0 - new link.
https://rapidshare.com/files/6669960...ments_v1.5.zip - looks like this link doesn't work anymore.
2. Extract to your steamapps\common\the binding of isaac folder, replacing the original FlashAchievements.exe.
3. Run the game. After some seconds all unlocked game achievements (including previously earned) will be synchronized with Steam.

Version 1.0 (old, left just in case)
1. Download the zip here:
https://rapidshare.com/files/1748327...hievements.zip - looks like this link doesn't work anymore.
2. Extract to your steamapps\common\the binding of isaac folder, replacing the original FlashAchievements.exe.
3. For the application to work correctly, you should install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) (no longer required for v1.5).
4. Run the game. A console window should appear after some time and close itself if no error occurred. This way you should have all your achievements synchronized with the game.

Source code is not available, because proprietary Steam API is used.

Hope it helps you!

FAQ (Updated 30.12.2011)
Is this fix legal?
Absolutely. My program is designed the same way as the original developers' one, but it does some essential calls to Steam API, which the original lacks, to ensure the achievements system works for all users (the original app has timing issues).

Is there a version for Mac?
Unfortunately not. I don't own a Mac nor I have access to it on my work, so I cannot write the program for OSX. Moreover it seems like the interaction with an external app which unlocks the achievements is not enabled for OSX version main app.

Is this fix going to be official?
I have finally contacted the developer (thanks to Naity). This fix might become official soon.

Last edited by 1nvisible~: 12-12-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:35 AM   #2
cisko116

I hope you know that posting downloadable files on the Steam forums is bannable.
cisko116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:36 AM   #3
1nvisible~

Then, how can I spread the link otherwise?
Could you please quote me the rule I violate by posting such a link?
I just want to help people who have the same problem that I encountered...

Last edited by 1nvisible~: 11-02-2011 at 05:40 AM.
1nvisible~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:41 AM   #4
cisko116

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nvisible~ View Post
Then, how can I spread the link otherwise?
Could you please tell me the rule I violate by posting such a link?
I just want to help people who have the same problem that I encountered...
I understand that, and I would've probably done the same. However, I've seen it happen many times: People post download links on forums, and after 2-3 days, they're banned.
I'm not 100% sure if the same will happen on the Steam forums, but if I were you, I would get rid of the link and tell people to PM you if they are interested in fixing their achievements, and are also willing to take the risk of the downloadable file being a virus, just to be safe.

Last edited by cisko116: 11-02-2011 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Typo
cisko116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:25 PM   #5
1nvisible~

I see some people have downloaded the file. Please tell me if it solves the problem for you. I have checked on my home PC which also has trouble with original FlashAchievements and my version worked OK.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:37 PM   #6
jorgamun

Your fix worked perfectly, and I thank you!
jorgamun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:51 PM   #7
g33kMoZzY

I'll wait and see how this goes. And if this works for everyone his twitter was pure bs "it's not me it's you" hopefully you proved him wrong and in that case well done if not nice try.
g33kMoZzY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:07 PM   #8
WarKirby

i think twitter is the best way to get ahold of him, or you could try a PM on new grounds

i'm not sure if he reads here.
WarKirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:09 PM   #9
Eek!

I'd definitely contact the dev, maybe on Twitter as I have no idea if he comes onto the Steam forums. It would be daft if there's a fix and he doesn't implement it. Also one in the eye for those that said it was simply a user issue and there was nothing to be done (though the Steam Achievement Manager workaround kind of put paid to that too).

Also posting links to files won't get you banned if there's nothing malicious, no.
Eek! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:04 AM   #10
r3z3nd3

1nvisible~ THANK YOU! It worked perfectly for me =D
r3z3nd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:46 AM   #11
1nvisible~

Quote:
I'll wait and see how this goes. And if this works for everyone his twitter was pure bs "it's not me it's you" hopefully you proved him wrong and in that case well done if not nice try.
In fact, there are some problems with the developer's code, but it also might be an issue within Steam API, cause I don't have access to the API documentation. My tool can still omit some achievements, but the chances of it are considerably lesser than in the original one. Some code rewrite is still required for those chances to be zero.
Quote:
i think twitter is the best way to get ahold of him, or you could try a PM on new grounds
Sorry, I'm registered neither on Twitter, nor on NG... Could any of you who find the fix working link the developer to this thread?

Also I found the console window appearing rather breaking the game atmosphere, so I could make a windowless version when I'm at work, if anyone needs it and whether no official fix is released.

Quote:
Also posting links to files won't get you banned if there's nothing malicious, no.
Thank you for clarification, I would be upset, if it were the other way.

Last edited by 1nvisible~: 11-03-2011 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Add
Old 11-03-2011, 11:23 AM   #12
Zeldafreak104

Is there no other fix for this? I don't like the idea of having to download an exe off some forums from someone I don't know.
Zeldafreak104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:04 PM   #13
goodbye_galaxy

Nice work. Would you mind describing what the problem was?
goodbye_galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:00 PM   #14
1nvisible~

Quote:
Nice work. Would you mind describing what the problem was?
I think there was a timing issue with the original application.
I added some delay before actually unlocking the achievements and after that. Also I added one API call which the original app missed, though I'm not sure whether it is required.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #15
Nickoladze

Replace a 496kb file with your 8kb file?

NOPE
Nickoladze is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Binding of Isaac, The