Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Deus Ex series

Old 11-02-2011, 05:01 PM   #1
DoctorZuber

Targetting objects to pick up is awful fussy

Simply getting an object into the center of the screen to pick it up can be quite irritating in DX:HR simply because the target area for selecting objects is so dreadfully small.

It's a little thing, but it really annoys me quite a lot since it's something I'm forced to struggle with constantly throughout the entire game.

Every time I try to pick up anything I invariably end up having to make little circles as I try to persuade the camera into just the right spot to allow me to actually interact with objects.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #2
Gremmie

You can turn on the reticule which will help with that. The "Give Me Deus Ex" difficulty turns it off by default, but you can switch it back on.
Gremmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #3
DoctorZuber

True, although I prefer to leave the reticle off. And it doesn't really change the fundamental issue that the target area is TINY, it just lets you SEE the tiny target area.
DoctorZuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #4
Gremmie

Well I can't say I really had that problem then.
Gremmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:55 PM   #5
DoctorZuber

It's quite simple. To interact with an object, (pick it up, hack it, open it, etc.) you must point at it. Which is fine. But to point at it your tiny little dot of a reticle must actually be ON the object.

Now for big objects, like a door or a crate, this is no big deal. but for small objects, like painkillers, or boost bars, it's like trying to aim for a headshot against a guy on the far side of the room, it's actually somewhat difficult to do, even more so when you have the reticle turned off (by default) on deus ex difficulty.

I'm just picking up an object, not making head shots. There's no reason to make something so simple so difficult.

All I am asking is for the purpose of interacting with objects, the hit box should be MUCH larger.
DoctorZuber is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Deus Ex series