Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sonic the Hedgehog series > Sonic Generations

Old 11-06-2011, 04:53 PM   #106
iGamr

Tally up another "the game keeps making Sonic randomly side-step left"... I'm actually REALLY glad I read through this forum, I was starting to think that my gamepad was busted, but it looks like I'm not the only one... Seriously, this needs to be fixed. While I COULD just unbind the gamepad keys in the config and then use the Logitche game profiler thing (I'm using a Logitech Dual Action), that would take out the analog. :|
iGamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:19 PM   #107
SonicChrono

Rouge Mission in Modern Seaside Hill. When I jump a few times near the shielded enemy after using her to charm it, the glitch froze the game, but the music is still playing.
SonicChrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:53 PM   #108
nz17

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGamr View Post
Tally up another "the game keeps making Sonic randomly side-step left"...
I had an issue similar to this. The solution was calibrating my gamepad in Windows XP's Settings -> Control Panel -> Game Controllers to fix the problem.

It seems Sonic Generations has a very small "dead zone" for game controllers so without calibrating your gamepads (and for me it is only for this game, mind) the direction would drift to the left causing Sonic to walk that way when I did not move the analog thumb stick.

Be grateful that it isn't like in the PC ports of Sonic Adventure DX and SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Classics - no amount of calibrating would fix those ports' problem with left drifting! In DX it would cause the camera to spin in 3D as long as your character wasn't moving; in Classics you were always moving left!
nz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #109
iGamr

Quote:
Originally Posted by nz17 View Post
I had an issue similar to this. The solution was calibrating my gamepad in Windows XP's Settings -> Control Panel -> Game Controllers to fix the problem.

It seems Sonic Generations has a very small "dead zone" for game controllers so without calibrating your gamepads (and for me it is only for this game, mind) the direction would drift to the left causing Sonic to walk that way when I did not move the analog thumb stick.

Be grateful that it isn't like in the PC ports of Sonic Adventure DX and SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Classics - no amount of calibrating would fix those ports' problem with left drifting! In DX it would cause the camera to spin in 3D as long as your character wasn't moving; in Classics you were always moving left!
No, that's not the problem at ALL. The problem is that, sometimes, the game will act as if I am hitting the left shoulder button (or "Left Bumper" as the game calls it) and doing the quick-step move.
iGamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #110
Covarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGamr View Post
No, that's not the problem at ALL. The problem is that, sometimes, the game will act as if I am hitting the left shoulder button (or "Left Bumper" as the game calls it) and doing the quick-step move.
I have this problem too. Usually, it happens in the same part of a level every time, and I've solved it by leaving back to the hub entirely, and starting the level over. Obviously not a very graceful or long-term solution, but it's a workaround that I've had luck with.

This is such an oddly specific bug; I haven't heard of the game making people sidestep to the right, or randomly activating any other button or control.
Covarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #111
5onic

09:53Sonic Generations Update Released

Updates to Sonic Generations have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

- USA flag is now correctly displayed in Online Mode.
- Fixed an issue where the Shop menu would become unresponsive at low frame rates.
- More accurate timing clock to 60Hz—may fix some issues with fluctuant frame rates.
- Updated default keyboard layout.
- Keyboard controls now correctly support drift.
- Screen display has been sharpened when AA is disabled.

Notes:
- Users of NVIDIA Optimus graphics cards may experience an issue where the Configuration Tool fails to detect the Optimus card. NVIDIA are working on fixing the problem, and will get an update out shortly, during the next driver release window.

- If you experience any other problems, please contact customersupportuk@sega.co.uk with details. To help us identify and fix the issue, please provide as much information as possible on your PC hardware, and the issue that you’re experiencing.
5onic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:59 PM   #112
andysonic1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5onic View Post

- More accurate timing clock to 60Hz—may fix some issues with fluctuant frame rates.

I think I woke my roommate I just cheered so loud! If these work I am going to be one happy hedgehog.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:17 PM   #113
jack5mikemotown

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicChrono View Post
Rouge Mission in Modern Seaside Hill. When I jump a few times near the shielded enemy after using her to charm it, the glitch froze the game, but the music is still playing.
I get this freeze too. Whenever I put the game on realtime in processes it didn't freeze so that may be a fix (it may have frozen once but it appears to work consitantly)
jack5mikemotown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:22 PM   #114
5onic

I can confirm the drifting on keyboard is working
Old 11-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #115
Leox001

Banned
You should mark glitches that have been fixed, like the problem with Antialiasing reported here
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2224547
Leox001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #116
backfire21

Still no word on online mode crashing though it seems. No luck after this patch. Even tried turning off every bit of firewall on this system, nothin.
backfire21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:46 PM   #117
Leox001

Banned
Quote:

Updates to Sonic Generations have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

- USA flag is now correctly displayed in Online Mode.
- Fixed an issue where the Shop menu would become unresponsive at low frame rates.
- Updated default keyboard layout.
- Screen display has been sharpened when AA is disabled.

Notes:
- Users of NVIDIA Optimus graphics cards may experience an issue where the Configuration Tool fails to detect the Optimus card. NVIDIA are working on fixing the problem, and will get an update out shortly, during the next driver release window.

- If you experience any other problems, please contact customersupportuk@sega.co.uk with details. To help us identify and fix the issue, please provide as much information as possible on your PC hardware, and the issue that you’re experiencing.
didn't see this before, great! My framerate has improved a lot, specially on green hill where I now get constant 60fps
Leox001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:57 PM   #118
Spidery_Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by backfire21 View Post
Still no word on online mode crashing though it seems. No luck after this patch. Even tried turning off every bit of firewall on this system, nothin.
Same. I really hope they fix this issue, it's pretty widespread as far as I can tell.

Also, Chemical Plant (and only Chemical Plant) still suffers horible framerate drops in certain secions (always the same sections).

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda: 11-11-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Spidery_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #119
5onic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leox001 View Post
You should mark glitches that have been fixed, like the problem with Antialiasing reported here
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2224547
Thanks.

Also I updated the OP and I plan emailing this thread to sega.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #120
DustArma

Quote:
Thanks.

Also I updated the OP and I plan emailing this thread to sega.
Remember to email it to Sega of Europe and not Sega of America/Japan, SoE are the ones in charge of the port and bug reports/feedback should be emailed to them.
DustArma is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sonic the Hedgehog series > Sonic Generations