Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Killing Floor

Old 11-04-2011, 02:53 AM   #1
xX_Renegade_Xx

Halloween Event

I'm just curious what other players think of this event.

I don't mean the event itself I mean the map used and achievements related specifically to that map.

My own view is I'd like to see more of this type of event using a particular map and maybe even the same difficulty.

Over the last few days I've seen some of the best team play I've ever seen in this game, especially new players that are willing to stay together and not wander off, healing each other the first chance they get, covering each other and communicating well when the big guys are loose, etc.

I know that's the objective anyway but it's rarely seen unless you're playing with friends, I play pubs so I might get a good team every 10-20 games but I think this type of event has improved the team play on that particular map and that's why I'd like to see more of these events on specific maps.

Thoughts?
Old 11-04-2011, 09:24 AM   #2
Dr. Weird

I think Bedlam is an extremely convuluted and dark map, so even beating it on Normal would be a challenge for newcomers to the game, let alone Hard. After that, it's just Crossbowing Scrakes.

Still, it's nice to see how the Circus Specimens were recycled (giving another shot at Steampunk Foster), and I honestly didn't expect them to do anything at all for Halloween, since the game is horror-themed already. I'm also quite impressed with the KF community's general maturity and coordination (I've played a lot of F2P games).
Now if they'd just iron out the game's bugs and make it possible to experience the Gingerfast year-round. He's delicious!
Dr. Weird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:35 AM   #3
SmellyLethality

Being a newbie, I can't really say much to compare this event to past ones, but as for the Bedlam map itself, I like it. It was confusing at first, but for the most part, once you've moved through the level a few times, it's a lot easier to know where to go. I like the narrow pathways just as much as the openness of Farm or the rocking motion of IceBreaker. It all depends on what I'm in the mood for.
SmellyLethality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
Egg_Chen

I liked it.

Don't even care for the specimins, but the achievements worked well. Was nice to see people playing one of the harder maps for a change, as I have seen whole teams suicide Bedlam just to get to the next map.

My only problem was the scrake achievement.
The wrong classes shoot Scrakes at the best of times, though it was funny to see every Scrake get decimated by focus fire from all 6 players

I would love to see some map updates, with achievements, if only to get them played more often than West London and BioticsLab.
Egg_Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:35 AM   #5
xX_Renegade_Xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellyLethality View Post
Being a newbie, I can't really say much to compare this event to past ones, but as for the Bedlam map itself, I like it. It was confusing at first, but for the most part, once you've moved through the level a few times, it's a lot easier to know where to go. I like the narrow pathways just as much as the openness of Farm or the rocking motion of IceBreaker. It all depends on what I'm in the mood for.
I didn't compare this event to the previous ones using new maps:

Santa's Evil Lair
Aperture
Abusement Park

The reason being those maps were new to us all but Bedlam has been out a while and it's not very often I see it being played but since this event it's not that hard to find a server that runs it, everyone wants the chicken!

I hope they do more of these types of events but focus on one specific map, maybe even a new one too with new zeds.

I think it's great that they allowed players to get the summer achievements too.

As for the community, I like to play Bedlam too to help others get the chicken suit so it's nice to see another player wearing the suit on that map and trying to help others get it.
xX_Renegade_Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:08 AM   #6
Scumkiller

I completed all the achievements within a couple of days, but still just play on Bedlam/Hard to help out those lower ranks to get their lot.
Nice to see a number of fellow chicken suiters out there still helping out too...
Scumkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:01 PM   #7
Fargi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Weird View Post
I think Bedlam is an extremely convuluted and dark map, so even beating it on Normal would be a challenge for newcomers to the game, let alone Hard. After that, it's just Crossbowing Scrakes.

Still, it's nice to see how the Circus Specimens were recycled (giving another shot at Steampunk Foster), and I honestly didn't expect them to do anything at all for Halloween, since the game is horror-themed already. I'm also quite impressed with the KF community's general maturity and coordination (I've played a lot of F2P games).
Now if they'd just iron out the game's bugs and make it possible to experience the Gingerfast year-round. He's delicious!
I couldn't agree more! The event itself is great, as are the first 5 new achievements, but Bedlam is a really difficult map. It's beyond me why they only have 1 map achievement for this event instead of 4 like for Twisted Christmas and Summer Carnival. I've played the map on full MP servers well over 3 dozen times and have only reached the Pat FOUR TIMES! And several of the players each game already had the chicken suit, so these weren't noobs. But we wiped each and every time. It's a pretty unfair achievement, especially for the most awesome skin in the entire game that clearly everyone will want to have.
Fargi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:17 PM   #8
mrjake2

When I bought KF, the first thing I thought I'd do was to play a few games on solo so I could figure it out before jumping into someone's MP game. I picked a map at random. Guess which one? Bedlam. And I couldn't figure out why anyone would think this game was fun, unless you like getting killed over and over again.

I didn't play again for another four months. Glad they put on the Twisted Christmas event so I could figure out I'd been starting on entirely the wrong map.
mrjake2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:39 PM   #9
Fargi

Yeah, Bedlam is just plain masochistic lol. I've played on just about every map, and that's the only one I geniunely hate.
Fargi is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Killing Floor