Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2

Old 11-04-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
gunman32

Lightbulb Left 4 Dead Comic (Prequel to "No Mercy" Campaign)

I have just read "The Sacrifice" comic on Left 4 Dead's website. It was very good and actually have me knowing why Francis in L4D 2 in "The Passing" didn't want to go with the L4D 2 Survivors and now since I read the comic, I was thinking that maybe there should be a comic that's about before 2 weeks after first infection and we can know how they all met up. What do you guys think? Good idea?
Old 11-04-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
JayceM

Nice idea and I'd like to see it happen, but I'd rather see a comic involving the L4D2 survivors first.

We do have Midnight Riders comic upcoming to look forward to though.
JayceM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:48 PM   #3
Brandsmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceM View Post
Nice idea and I'd like to see it happen, but I'd rather see a comic involving the L4D2 survivors first.

We do have Midnight Riders comic upcoming to look forward to though.
Not necessarily. Even though the community voted for one, it doesn't prove a comic will actually be coming. I agree though, a comic for L4D2 would have to come before a new L4D1 one... Maybe how they met up or what happened after The Parish.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:51 PM   #4
Genoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandsmart View Post
Not necessarily. Even though the community voted for one, it doesn't prove a comic will actually be coming. I agree though, a comic for L4D2 would have to come before a new L4D1 one... Maybe how they met up or what happened after The Parish.
As long as it starts out pre-infection

It would be awesome to see how everything went down. Maybe show a few specific maps (Everyone zombifying in the Dead Center mall)
Genoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #5
JayceM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandsmart View Post
True.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't though as it was a question suggested by Valve as if they had one in mind and wondered if people wanted it. Either way, a free comic's a free comic, so I'll be happy whatever they do next.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:04 PM   #6
Hamster Gutz

Wasn't the prequel to no mercy the video that plays when you start up l4d1?
Hamster Gutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:39 AM   #7
gunman32

Post Sorry for Delayed Response

Hey guys, sorry for the delay since Steam said "Temporary Offline for Maintenance" and I couldn't log on or see my Thread. Thanks for reply. It seems so far that it would be a good idea to have a comic regarding L4D in general. Hopefully they will make more comics about L4D, might not be as much as Marvel or DC Comics, but it will still be great for us that are fans of L4D.

Thank you all for replying to my Thread
gunman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:47 AM   #8
JokersFlame

Actually I'd say they shouldn't show you.

That's the magic of Walking Dead's comic, it's more about the moment and tomorrow then just the past. A flashback is nice, but never needed.
JokersFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:06 AM   #9
gunman32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster Gutz View Post
Wasn't the prequel to no mercy the video that plays when you start up l4d1?
Well, I wouldn't call it a "Prequel" since it's only minutes before No Mercy. I meant like back track of how all 4 actually met and stuff like that
Old 11-13-2011, 06:10 AM   #10
gunman32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersFlame View Post
Actually I'd say they shouldn't show you.

That's the magic of Walking Dead's comic, it's more about the moment and tomorrow then just the past. A flashback is nice, but never needed.
What do you mean "Shouldn't Show Me"? It's just an idea I had, that's all. It's not like I'm saying they SHOULD make one. I just make this thread to hear everyone's opinions, but that part about "They shouldn't show you" isn't necessary, but the paragraph under that line I respect, but that top part isn't nice to say
Old 11-13-2011, 06:58 AM   #11
JayceM

I don't think it was a personal attack towards you, gunman, I believe Jokers just saying he'd rather they keep the past of the L4D1 survivors' meeting ambiguous to the player-base to keep that air of mystery.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:58 AM   #12
source-maps

I truly enjoyed Valves comics so far minus the TF2 comics considering the story is just wacky :P

I would love for a comic about the l4d2 survivors.. more than the midnight riders actually... but an interesting twist on the midnight riders comic would be is that they could get infected considering not all 4 band members can be immune
source-maps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:11 AM   #13
JokersFlame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceM View Post
I don't think it was a personal attack towards you, gunman, I believe Jokers just saying he'd rather they keep the past of the L4D1 survivors' meeting ambiguous to the player-base to keep that air of mystery.
This.

Wasn't attacking anyone.
JokersFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:20 AM   #14
r2k.Fire

Banned
Smile Comics or Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunman32 View Post
I have just read "The Sacrifice" comic on Left 4 Dead's website. It was very good and actually have me knowing why Francis in L4D 2 in "The Passing" didn't want to go with the L4D 2 Survivors and now since I read the comic, I was thinking that maybe there should be a comic that's about before 2 weeks after first infection and we can know how they all met up. What do you guys think? Good idea?
I like to PLAY the original (no confogl kiddy crap ) game instead READ comics lawl. Play the original game is more fun than read comics if you ask me.
r2k.Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:25 AM   #15
source-maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2k.Fire View Post
I like to PLAY the original (no confogl kiddy crap ) game instead READ comics lawl. Play the original game is more fun than read comics if you ask me.
I don't see how that has to do anything with what OP was talking about
source-maps is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2