Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Ignite

Old 11-05-2011, 01:29 PM   #1
camazotz

Xbox Controller Issues

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or there's a compatibility issue; A few days ago I was able to configure the Xbox controller such that it worked fine and I was enjoying the game (the default options were useless, however).

Since the patch my controller options appear to have reset, and I can't get it to configure correctly; it doesn't appear to be matching up to my choices.

For example, previously it let me configure it for left/right steering from the left stick, now it continuously tries to steer left into a wall when I set it this way. It no longer seems to recognize the left trigger, either. I am also getting the odd "menu skipping" when I back out, in which the yellow highlight swaps between options on the menu at a high rate of speed. This is making the game effectively unplayable (I'm not coordinated enough unfortunately to try racing games with a keyboard/mouse). Help!

Old 11-05-2011, 01:36 PM   #2
camazotz

Quick follow up: on further experimentation I got it to work with the X-axis controller although I didn't do anything (that I can tell) to get it to work other than to restart the game and try again (doing the same thing over and over, the definition of madness, I know....but damnit I was rewarded with success this time!)

However, the menu flipping highlighter is incessant...

Except for the configuration problems I am quite enjoying this game!
Old 11-05-2011, 11:24 PM   #3
luro

something is definitely broken. it was working fine for me previously but now it doesn't recognise the left trigger
Old 11-05-2011, 11:46 PM   #4
dandu

sometimes it recognizes the X and A button on my xbox wireless controller, sometimes not. At least i can steer now with the left stick but like it says "use A button for Nitro" is not always available. The menu is flipping around ... not easy to control the game at the moment but i am enjoying the game too!
dandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:46 AM   #5
3x0r10

Banned
Confirmed. I use logitech F510 xinput mode (recognized as xbox controller) and I can't map left trigger, and the car always turning left.
3x0r10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:12 AM   #6
chris_coma

anyone mentioned no deadzone for analog sticks and terrible forcefeedback effects (which can't be turned off, and it hurts)).
chris_coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:02 AM   #7
freeriser

Guys how to turn vibration on xbox controller off? :/
freeriser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #8
OugaBooga

so can you play this with a 360 controller or is this Bjorked ?
OugaBooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #9
ElfShotTheFood

Quote:
Originally Posted by OugaBooga View Post
so can you play this with a 360 controller or is this Bjorked ?
The 360 controller works with the game, but you won't see the 360 button prompts onscreen; it'll say things like 'Press Button 0 for nitrous' and so on.
ElfShotTheFood is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Ignite