Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DC Universe Online

Old 11-05-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
SlicerDicer

Custom UI? Alternate Combat Combo Keys?

Overall DCUO is not too bad. For 5 USD, after you spend it in the game, you become premium and game becomes less restrictive.

Also I found out you can't post in other then the technical forum, sad.

However two things I find really limiting to game play and wanting me to uninstall after just 8 hours of gameplay

One the is the UI, its just horrible especially for someone who has played many MMO's. An articles from february states they were not going to allow player mod's to the UI. Is this still true?

The game mechanics to enable a combo/special attack in the game are also poor. Tap your left mouse twice (or thrice for next special, etc) then hold the left mouse button. WTF. Is this the ONLY way they can be enabled? No other way?

Because I have found it very inconsistent which of my 3 special attacks the game will implement. Since the only difference is whether i attack 2x then hold or 3x then hold or 4x then hold.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
Pooeypants

The UI is big and cumbersome...designed specifically for console (PS3) in mind.
Pooeypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:04 PM   #3
SlicerDicer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooeypants View Post
The UI is big and cumbersome...designed specifically for console (PS3) in mind.
that's only useful if the majority of your customer base use PS3's. somehow i doubt it.

but either way that does not answer the question is if soe is allowing player UI mods.
SlicerDicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:50 PM   #4
Pooeypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlicerDicer View Post
that's only useful if the majority of your customer base use PS3's. somehow i doubt it.

but either way that does not answer the question is if soe is allowing player UI mods.
It's the only reason I can explain why it's so uncustomisable. Also, let's be honest in nearly all cases of multiplatforms games, the console dictates the design parameters...
Pooeypants is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DC Universe Online