Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 11-11-2011, 09:56 PM   #1
Grumpy181155

Error Code 1316 During Steam Repair

When I start my computer and I don't have internet access Steam asks if I want to start offline. I say yes and then I get an error message saying it hasn't got network access (duh) or something like that and then shuts down so I can't play unless I have internet access.

When I am connected to the internet and Steam has started if I hover my mouse on the Steam icon in the notification area it always says I am 'offline' (there is a tick next to the offline line). Now I am obviously not offline because I can download games and steam does it's online check when I want to play something.

So I download the install file and select the repair option and when I run it I get an error message saying 'Error 1316. A network error occurred attempting to read from the file C:\.......SteamInstall(1).msi' Now that is my hard drive so what is going on? I haven't attempted to delete and reinstall Steam yet as that seems a bit extreme. A bit like using a chainsaw to remove a splinter and there is always the chance it won't install.

Last edited by Grumpy181155: 11-11-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:08 PM   #2
PELUXA1

Try checking this link...

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7247-OPVB-9949
PELUXA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:15 PM   #3
Grumpy181155

Thanks PELUXA1. The Fix Steam worked and I got Steam to reinstall but when I click on the Steam icon in the notifications area it still has a tick next to the Offline line but it is not Offline as I am downloading MW3 so I assume the original problem of not being able to play offline still exists. I will try it out when I have time ????????
Grumpy181155 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips