Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 11-12-2011, 02:09 AM   #1
martyryum

ok, so no skyrim for me i suppose?

Sorry if this is a regular issue around here, but should i just accept the fact that skyrim will never be available on steam in my country?(Slovakia). My steam store acts as if nothing like skyrim ever existed, no search results, no preorders, no nothing. And oh yeah,same for Rage, another Bethesda game(maybe an issue is there...?) My brother in France experienced no such troubles with preordering or availability,so i suppose thats a local issue around these parts...I am not that desperate to play it, i know that i can still buy retail copy probably for less, but im curious what is causing this vacuum of information
Old 11-12-2011, 02:12 AM   #2
GSH

Welcome to the world of region restrictions. Just ask your brother to gift it to you. As for the reasons, feel free to search the forum as I'm pretty sure it has been covered multiple times by now.
GSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:21 AM   #3
Infogirl

Hm... as far as I can tell, Slovakia has less restrictive laws on internet censorship than France does. So most likely it's just local lisencing issue, or something of that sort. Beaurocracy and red tape for the win, but might be best to email Support directly to see if they know anything we mere forum monkeys wouldn't know.
Infogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:23 AM   #4
Bundy_Drop_Bear

Just get ya brother to gift it to you and set the download server to France or a closer country and download it, it's what others have done to get round this problem.
Bundy_Drop_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V