Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > L.A. Noire

Old 11-12-2011, 04:26 AM   #1
J7hack

Question L.A. Noire has stopped working

After launching this game I have a problem on the black screen.
Quote:
L.A. Noire has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is avaible.
Can you help me?
This tutorial (http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2227313) can't help me.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
neo158

When you initially launch it you have to disable UAC AND run Steam as admin, after that you can run the game with UAC on and Steam running normally.

That fixed the crashing on running the game but left me with one problem, it crashes on exit. Not really a problem since I'm exiting the game anyway.

Last edited by neo158: 11-12-2011 at 05:35 PM.
neo158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:28 PM   #3
MonsterGroup

I was able to play the game by just turning off the UAC, but I do get the crash on exit thing. Great game so far, lets hope for Red Dead Redemption to make its way to PC this decade.
MonsterGroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:58 AM   #4
DaveJamesMiller

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo158 View Post
When you initially launch it you have to disable UAC AND run Steam as admin, after that you can run the game with UAC on and Steam running normally.
Thanks for that - running Steam as admin the first time fixed it for me (I didn't need to disable UAC completely though).
Old 11-13-2011, 10:22 AM   #5
Deegow

I have the same problem, but i am using Win XP
Deegow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:56 AM   #6
taxemic_autumn

I'm having this problem as well. I've followed the tutorial you mention and have tried various combinations of uninstalling newer .NET and C++, upgrading my graphics drivers, verifying the game cache, rebooting, disabling UAC, running the executable from the directory, turning off my second monitor, running in windowed mode. None of these combinations makes any difference, I still get the same message at the same point.

I was so excited to play this game and it's disappointing that such a critically regarded game (and one of the more expensive on the store) is having these problems and that this particular problem is so non-specific that you can't nail down the cause.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:03 AM   #7
b3NNy

The game crashes when I get back to Windows too ...
b3NNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:46 AM   #8
TheTurnipKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo158 View Post

That fixed the crashing on running the game but left me with one problem, it crashes on exit. Not really a problem since I'm exiting the game anyway.
Yeah, it's still doing that to me as well. As you say, it's of lesser important because it doesn't actually stop you playing (though it does suggest that all may not be well in LA)
TheTurnipKing is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > L.A. Noire