Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 11-12-2011, 09:37 AM   #1
Lurpsukka

Anyone with really low end PC?

I'm on AMD Phenom 9650 2.3ghz, 4gb ram and ATI Radeon 4650 1gb + win7 64bit. Would it run on lowest settings @ 1680x1050?

Anyone got Skyrim and really low end PC? How is it?
Old 11-12-2011, 09:45 AM   #2
CaptainDingo

Just out of curiosity, why would you run at the lowest settings at such a high resolution? A surprising amount of performance is lost through fill rate, it's like putting an exponential choke hold on your max frame rate. If performance was bad, lowering the resolution just a touch could get you a lot of headroom for improving the graphics quality.

But my answer is basically if you can run Oblivion, you can run this. They run virtually identical, as far as I've been able to discern. There haven't been any huge technical leaps that require new hardware, most of the improvements have been artistic.
CaptainDingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:47 AM   #3
Lurpsukka

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDingo View Post
Just out of curiosity, why would you run at the lowest settings at such a high resolution? A surprising amount of performance is lost through fill rate, it's like putting an exponential choke hold on your max frame rate. If performance was bad, lowering the resolution just a touch could get you a lot of headroom for improving the graphics quality.

But my answer is basically if you can run Oblivion, you can run this. They run virtually identical, as far as I've been able to discern. There haven't been any huge technical leaps that require new hardware, most of the improvements have been artistic.
I run many games on 1280x800 to get some extra framerate, but it's always nice to play at a native resolution. But better question is can I run the game at all despite what resolution?

Thanks!
Lurpsukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:16 AM   #4
HerbFerg

I am running it at 1360x768 with High settings on a ATI 4350 HD 512mb, Intel Quad Core Q8300 @ 2.50ghz and 6gb RAM. The game runs fine and looks great, although it has CTD three times but that's probably because the game is a bit buggy.

Oh, and by the way, I don't think that mine is a "really low end PC". It may not be cutting edge but it runs this new game fine at those settings. A really low end PC is good for surfing the net and that's about it.
HerbFerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:19 AM   #5
Lurpsukka

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbFerg View Post
I am running it at 1360x768 with High settings on a ATI 4350 HD 512mb, Intel Quad Core Q8300 @ 2.50ghz and 6gb RAM. The game runs fine and looks great, although it has CTD three times but that's probably because the game is a bit buggy.

Oh, and by the way, I don't think that mine is a "really low end PC". It may not be cutting edge but it runs this new game fine at those settings. A really low end PC is good for surfing the net and that's about it.
Thanks, yeah I think your processor is quite good for the game and you also have 6gb RAM which is always a plus.

Keep em coming peeps, post your low end setups and how Skyrim works thank you
Lurpsukka is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V