Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 11-12-2011, 01:22 PM   #1
Jath

Crashing with Whiterun

Okay, so I just got done joining up with the Stormcloaks. Killed the Wraith, getting ready to go onto the next part. My main issue is after this, no matter what I try, I can Not get to Whiterun. It will just crash to the desktop with no error or anything. I don't know why it's doing this, either. If I try getting there by horse, nothing. Fast travel? Nothing. Can't even get to the area around it.

Anyone have any ideas on fixing this? Because I really want to go back to Whiterun for a little bit.

Thank you much for the help.

Edit: Well, I was able to get to Whiterun after messing with graphics settings to the max. I set it to low, back to ultra, back to low, and back and forth for a while and it finally let me in. Don't know why, but it did.

Now, some textures aren't loading completely, or some gear is kinda acting oddly, yatta yatta. I just crashed for the first time again, too, outside of Whiterun. Not sure why. Left all graphics to High instead of Ultra, but I guess something is there.

Anyone have any ideas on that?

Comp Specs:
AMD Phenom X4 Black 965
ATI Radeon HD 6970 2GB RAM
8GB RAM
Windows 7 x64bit

Last edited by Jath: 11-12-2011 at 04:30 PM.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:30 PM   #2
Jath

Updated situation with Edit. Still having issues.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V