Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Lord of the Rings series, The > Lord of the Rings: War in the North

Old 11-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
robs2002

U.S. service member stationed over seas cant instal game

So im a U.S. service member, and im stationed in Korea. I bought the U.S. retail version of the game at the exchange on post, then try to install the game and it tells me that it hasnt been released yet.

this is what i get for being stationed overseas? awesome. can i have my money back, buying a game i cant even play, or install.

awesome

Old 11-13-2011, 12:08 AM   #2
SoulNefarious

Thanks for your service.

Now, sorry to say, but... looking at the steam forums is not the way to go. File a support ticket and wait for a response, but I'm not sure if they'd give you your money back.

They're usually pretty speedy with responses, so it shouldn't take long to resolve the matter.
SoulNefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:10 PM   #3
robs2002

thanks for the information.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:15 AM   #4
{Yotsuba}

If the game isn't getting a release in South Korea, you'll most likely have to wait until the 25th at the earliest before you'll be able to use it. This is due to the game not releasing in the UK until that time and the way that games in restricted regions tend to unlock only after the game unlocks everywhere else. Be aware that there are exceptions to this, such as FEAR 3 in which case, you may want to ask for a refund...
{Yotsuba} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:27 AM   #5
Rockn-Roll

For the purpose of Country and State...by agreement of the Host Nations...US service men live in the District of Columbia USA no matter where they actually are...that's what the D.C. means in Washington D.C. As such the game he bought at the exchange i.e. department store named AAFES is a USA game and should have unlocked when the rest of North America unlocked.

robs2002: You should check to make sure that you have the region configured properly in your Steam client...you should be able to select either DC or your home State. Steam should be able to fix this for you...just let them know what the issue is. Give us an update...has it unlocked yet?
Rockn-Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:47 PM   #6
robs2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockn-Roll View Post
For the purpose of Country and State...by agreement of the Host Nations...US service men live in the District of Columbia USA no matter where they actually are...that's what the D.C. means in Washington D.C. As such the game he bought at the exchange i.e. department store named AAFES is a USA game and should have unlocked when the rest of North America unlocked.

robs2002: You should check to make sure that you have the region configured properly in your Steam client...you should be able to select either DC or your home State. Steam should be able to fix this for you...just let them know what the issue is. Give us an update...has it unlocked yet?
hi, thanks for the info, i changed the download location in the steam menu, but with no success with this game, i will contact steam today.

thanks for the help, not real happy about this purchase right now.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:13 AM   #7
Renoxzor

Days come and go, steam won't even care to respond mails, or they forgot to copy paste the answers.
Renoxzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:31 PM   #8
hilltop67

Thumbs up HopeFully an Answer for You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robs2002 View Post
So im a U.S. service member, and im stationed in Korea. I bought the U.S. retail version of the game at the exchange on post, then try to install the game and it tells me that it hasnt been released yet.

this is what i get for being stationed overseas? awesome. can i have my money back, buying a game i cant even play, or install.

awesome
IF LOCATED IN KOREA

Please contact Inplay Interactive Customer Support Center by calling 080-508-7590 or by emailing: ares@inplayinteractive.com.

Merry Xmas & Happy Holidays

P.S. As some replies to you are horribly wrong Steam has nothing to do with the game itself always always go to the store page and click on the developer or whomever else is listed as being part of the game I just returned from active duty in Germany and it was a nightmare at first but soon as you figure out who to talk to things will go smoothly for you. As they say opionions are like Azz*****! everyone's got one. Just use the manufacture as I did for 6 years without issue. sometimes if they have a restriction on your area for whatever reason have someone in the states purchase it and trade it to you therefore your using a U.S. Address not a APO, good luck and god bless!

Last edited by hilltop67: 11-28-2011 at 07:38 PM.
hilltop67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:00 PM   #9
Renoxzor

Steam effectively removed the game from my account, they still say they can't do anything else but I should ask for a refund. I wonder if the cd key can be used if I give it away to a friend or so, or it's just crippled. From now on I won't buy anything published by warner bros.
Renoxzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:31 AM   #10
gf113

Banned
use a proxy

Ur IP is a s.korean one and the game hasnt been released there so thats why your getting that message. If you use a proxy for a us ip then that should fix your problem.
gf113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:09 AM   #11
gibbeynator

You heard it here first folks, Valve has an anti-war agenda.

Yes, it's probably just a simple glitch in the system, but if the media can string up Siri for all to see because of an AI bug, why not Steam?
gibbeynator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:34 PM   #12
TazzieDevil

Yeah - you could try HidemyIP - set it to Washington DC and it will use a server in DC to validate the install - after that it should not be a problem - it might not work - but it's worth a try...
TazzieDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:13 AM   #13
baltar

now that were well past nov 25th, does it work?
baltar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Lord of the Rings series, The > Lord of the Rings: War in the North