Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 11-12-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
Lazychip

Where are the Unusual Gem Appraisers?

WHERE ARE THEY? I've been looking for them for hours and I have 5 unusuals gems to sell. Anyone know where an Appraiser is?
Old 11-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #2
JimV

Open your Journal with J

Hover over miscellaneous quests, and on the right, click the 'unusual gem' text (or highlight)

Hit M for map, that is your destination

Works for all quests so far
JimV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:56 PM   #3
Lazychip

Mine seems to be broken, I did that and I have all sorts of Misc. quests but there are no waypoints.
Lazychip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:58 PM   #4
KuranesDreamer

Banned
The only one I've found is Maul in Riften, and since I am not a thief (or a bad guy in any way) he won't speak to me :/
KuranesDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:03 PM   #5
Lazychip

Would being the Listener in the Dark brotherhood be considered a bad guy?
Old 11-13-2011, 11:45 AM   #6
fenk

I've taken an unusual gem to Maul but there's not an option I can use among the dialog options. :/
fenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:56 AM   #7
DrHarvey12

You need to speak to a guy called Brynjolf in Riften. I went passed Maul and he stopped me and spoke to me about making an attempt to pinch a ring from a vendors stall and put it into some blokes pocket.

Brynjolf had his own stall in the market in the middle of Riften.

If you complete this quest he then tells you to meet him in the Rat Warrens whereby you are intitated into the thieves guild. You will then get to speak to a lady called Vex who will tell you what the jewels are for.

Last edited by DrHarvey12: 11-13-2011 at 11:59 AM.
DrHarvey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:01 PM   #8
Baresark

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHarvey12 View Post
You need to speak to a guy called Brynjolf in Riften. I went passed Maul and he stopped me and spoke to me about making an attempt to pinch a ring from a vendors stall and put it into some blokes pocket.

Brynjolf had his own stall in the market in the middle of Riften.

If you complete this quest he then tells you to meet him in the Rat Warrens whereby you are intitated into the thieves guild. You will then get to speak to a lady called Vex who will tell you what the jewels are for.
Maul had chosen to speak directly to me, but no matter who you talk to, they eventually lead you to Vex I guess. I was told by Maul to speak to someone who would test me to get into the guild and if/when I became a full member of the guild, she would appraise/buy it or some such thing.
Baresark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:20 PM   #9
JimV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazychip View Post
Mine seems to be broken, I did that and I have all sorts of Misc. quests but there are no waypoints.
Yea, that happened to me a few times also. I think it happens when you have too many quests selected, but can also happen because of the 'selecting bug'.

The selecting bug is when you click a response or an item in a list, but a list item above or below it is actually selected (highlighted). To get around it, I use the mousewheel to select items now (highlight), then click anywhere on the screen (which acts like you clicked the highlighted item, no matter where the cursor is).
JimV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:31 PM   #10
phillibl

I think the appraisers are in Riften.
phillibl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #11
geronimo789

Spoiler warning

The char is called 'ver' or something. She's a thieves guild member. You can find the thieves guild in rifted, on the east side of the map. Once you're in there, go to the market square and talk to Brynjolf. He should have a stand on the market. Just accept his quest. You'll have to do some lock picking, and pickpocketing. It's pretty easy, just make a quick save before each.
Once you do that you can go to the thieves hideout under the city. You make your way through the sewers into their lair. I think you also have to do the first thieves guild quest for the char to unlock.

You have to collect 24 of those stones for a collection, only then will you be able to do something with them. (and yes they do take up inventory space -_-
geronimo789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:46 PM   #12
astyler

Select both the subquest in "misc quest" as well as Misc Quest itself on the left to get tracking for those. it's a nice feature because you can turn off tracking all misc quests with a single click
Old 11-13-2011, 07:50 PM   #13
Lazychip

Ok, my Thieves guild initiation quest is broken. The part where you have to take that ring from Modesi and distracts the people is where it's stuck. he never stops standing there and they just listen to him say nothing. Anyone have a fix?

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V