Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2

Old 11-13-2011, 08:03 PM   #1
Coach McGuirk

Getting Kicked for stupid reasons.

One thing that makes me RAGE, is getting kicked Mid-game for stupid, small details.

I was just kicked because I "walked far from the Survivors"

I was walking backwards to Respawn, and had the most Points on the Infected Team that round.

Then I joined another game and got kicked for Healing myself. I had 8 hp and was on my first incap, I got kicked because some guy had 23hp and didnt even get Incapped yet.

Can we fix random ing kicking?
Old 11-13-2011, 08:25 PM   #2
GreenSmoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
Nope, it's the same as l4d1, if they cared about that it would have been fixed due to all the complaining then about it then. Don't play with randoms.

Find some friends or make some friends to play with.
Problem solved.

Last edited by ultio: 11-14-2011 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Don't bypass the word filter.
GreenSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:01 AM   #3
capnfortesque

People shouldn't be forced to play with certain people in order to play safely. I'm actually quite good at this game, getting high scores and surviving off 1 hp for quite a while, and I still get kicked for stupid reasons.

Despite having a higher score than my allies, they still kick me if THEY start doing poorly. I just wish hitting tab allowed you to see the scores for the whole game so I could point out to them that I'm not the one sucking. They may kick me just to make room for one of their friends, despite the fact that it's my room they all joined. Today, I got kicked because some kids who were making a bunch of sex jokes the whole game got bored. Then when I go to join another game, I actually start playing terribly because I'm upset about getting kicked from a game I joined in the lobby and was doing really well in. I constantly save these people and just get kicked. It's terrible.

I've ran into maybe 3 people who repeatedly team killed and deserved to be kicked. One of them we couldn't even kick because they had a friend on the team. I rarely run into people who deserve to be kicked, but I get kicked all the time by people who have nothing better to do than grief others. People who team kill are a way smaller problem than people who grief kick. There's a simple solution, but I don't think Steam really cares or else they would've done something about it.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:54 AM   #4
Duke3DFreak

People who kick for stupid reasons aren't worth playing with anyway. That stuff happens to me a lot too man. People STILL don't understand the concept of running backwards as infected to respawn for better attack positioning.

Fun times are had when I start a local server then have a kick vote start. Go ahead and vote yes, you're just kicking yourselves fools!
Duke3DFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:33 AM   #5
keyboard_cat

I feel you, but please try not to refer to infected points. You can do nothing the entire game and land a spitter on an incapped survivor and make it to the top, so it's quite irrelevant. You could also be a smoker that ledge-downed 1 or more survivors and caused a wipe with 0 points.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:02 AM   #6
Radical_Danny

One guy tried get me kicked multiple times with the reason: just because... XD
Radical_Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:39 AM   #7
jasminethecat

All of you with elite skillz should be smart enough to know why you're getting kicked. While there are some griefers and purely random kicks, most have a reason.

Maybe you're a jerk to others. Maybe you attack alone as SI just to squeeze a few more points rather than going in together. Maybe you move too far away as a survivor or spend too much time shopping when the rest of the team is moving ahead. Maybe you don't communicate because you think your crap doesn't stink and everyone else is there to babysit you.

No matter what, you got kicked for a reason. Maybe not a reason you like, maybe not a reason you understand. But there was a reason, and if it happens over and over try examining what is wrong with you instead of what is wrong with the world. The rest of us aren't getting kicked every 30 seconds, and when random crap happens to us, we don't come here to whine about it.

If you cannot make friends with anyone else, that's why you're getting kicked. Keep trying and quit crying. Play at a different time of day. Join a steam group. Make a real-life friend and convince them to play.

We're not getting rid of the votekick functionality because you had a bad day. Sorry. You don't even offer an alternative solution.

/Pointless thread
jasminethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:58 AM   #8
Okkk :DDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminethecat View Post
No matter what, you got kicked for a reason. Maybe not a reason you like, maybe not a reason you understand. But there was a reason, and if it happens over and over try examining what is wrong with you instead of what is wrong with the world. The rest of us aren't getting kicked every 30 seconds, and when random crap happens to us, we don't come here to whine about it.
^this.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:15 AM   #9
Terepin

Quote:
Most of the times the reason is the same: idiots in our team, griefers in our teams, n00bs in our team, trolls in our team, elitists in our team... The reasonable kicks are few and rare this times and it's getting worse.
Terepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:37 AM   #10
john_volkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
One thing that makes me RAGE, is getting kicked Mid-game for stupid, small details.

I was just kicked because I "walked far from the Survivors"

I was walking backwards to Respawn, and had the most Points on the Infected Team that round.

Then I joined another game and got kicked for Healing myself. I had 8 hp and was on my first incap, I got kicked because some guy had 23hp and didnt even get Incapped yet.

well your first point really deservs a kick , it means that you fail spawn , it's beter to die sometimes then to respawn.

So your saying that because you had 8 hp they kicked you becaus you got incaped? are you sure you din't do anything else ?

Sure I kick a lot of people most of them don't even know why, my reason for kicking them it's that even the bots play beter then human players.

Sould I not kick a person that was rushing ahed alone and got death charged because he din't hear or care about the charger when he was place in an good position?

Sould I not kick a person that spawns with the boomer 100 miles awey and then run backwards to respawn ?

Even the most simples things like spawning to early can kill a hole and fowrth an attack.

If you want a beter game expiriance play with goupes of friends.

There are no stupid reason for kicking only stupid people.

Last edited by john_volkov: 11-14-2011 at 07:49 AM.
john_volkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:58 AM   #11
cityuk04

There's a lot of groups of friends that aren't very good and use a random pubber in the 4th slot as a scapegoat to let off some steam. That has to be the most pathetic and unjust type of kicking. When you bend over backwards to keep a crap team afloat and they kick you simply because they won't blame their own friends.

Incidentally these are usually the people that constantly say "u mad bro" and "fail" at every turn, then go mad with excuses when they lose.
cityuk04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:14 AM   #12
JayceM

In all fairness, he's not exactly wrong here. I've been kicked randomly for zero reason, and people in this game are 'F1' happy when they see a kick vote, and extremely 'F2' unhappy, so even if that third person doesn't vote yes, you're getting kicked anyway. It doesn't overly bother me as the person who started that vote kick is most likely a person who's going to rage the moment they do something wrong and then blame it on their team, so I'd rather go join a different game.

However, this isn't something Valve can really fix. You're asking them to change human behaviour here, or just remove the vote kicking system, which is hardly a solution.
JayceM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:28 AM   #13
bluz74

I found removing the "kick me" sign off my back helps, other then that, playing with freinds only is the best solution.
bluz74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:16 AM   #14
Nostalgia man

Quote:
All of you with elite skillz should be smart enough to know why you're getting kicked. While there are some griefers and purely random kicks, most have a reason.

Partly correct, most of the kicks are for reasons but most of the times the reason is juvenile or childish in nature.

Maybe you're a jerk to others. Maybe you attack alone as SI just to squeeze a few more points rather than going in together. Maybe you move too far away as a survivor or spend too much time shopping when the rest of the team is moving ahead. Maybe you don't communicate because you think your crap doesn't stink and everyone else is there to babysit you.

You do not really need to communicate, there are enough visual and audio clues to help you around. If you need a mic to play L4D2 then you are bad.

As I said, most kicks are juvenille and childish in nature. It's actually very easy to abuse the votekick function, in fact the game encourages gamers to votekick abuse.

If you cannot make friends with anyone else, that's why you're getting kicked. Keep trying and quit crying. Play at a different time of day. Join a steam group. Make a real-life friend and convince them to play.

It's hard to convice real life friends to quit playing thier better quality and better supported games to play an overly casual cesspool. But then again if you need friends to play a game then it's best to just give up on the game and call it an failed experiment by Valve.

We're not getting rid of the votekick functionality because you had a bad day. Sorry. You don't even offer an alternative solution.

Again, it's very easy to abuse the votekick function. There needs to be a limit, since people love to convince themselvs there is no abuse, then that shouldn't be a problem then.

/Pointless thread[/B]

You mad bro? Yah you mad
Remember when playing video games without having to jump through hoops use to be fun?
Nostalgia man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:36 AM   #15
JoeB

This issue is what ruined pub games for me as well. When the game was first released, it wasn't an issue at all but now it really is (ESPECIALLY in versus whereas scavenger isn't nearly as bad). I only play with at least one friend (whom will cover my back while I do the same for them) and if none are available, I'd rather just settle with single player campaign.

My advice is just endure it at first while scouting out reasonable players. When you find someone you like (perhaps a good team player, leader, etc), add them to your friends list and when you want to play again, check if one of them is online and join their game. You'll have a far better experience than continually playing pub matches. Since the votekick function is needed to prevent griefing, I also wish a personal blacklist was added too so that I could tell the matchmaker not to pair me with anyone whom didn't like me or just griefed me.
JoeB is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2