Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Cities XL

Old 11-14-2011, 12:06 AM   #1
RolandBP

Cool Just bought Cities XL I think its Awesome

Just downloaded and Installed Cities XL {Original} went through the Tutorials and have just played my first little city/town (Village). I recon it is an awesome game. I used to play Sid Meiers SimCity4 which I loved, but after upgrading my PC I found it played too fast. This game is even better.

Last edited by RolandBP: 11-14-2011 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Gramatical error 'plat' instead of 'play'.
Old 11-24-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
DJDash

Wait until you actually try to build a Metropolis. This game will bring ANY machine down to its knees, it's not even optimized and even an intel i7 2600k isn't enough for this mess.

Sid Meier didn't make Simcity 4. SimCity 4 was made by Maxis which was founded by Will Wright.
DJDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:04 PM   #3
RolandBP

Red face DJDash - re SimCity4

Hi DJ, thanks for the info on the designer of SimCity 4, I thought it was by Sid Meier, did he do the earlier Sim City games that ran on the old 386 + 486 era PC's, which I played many years ago. Or was it just the Railroads games (never mind). Have now bought Cities XL 2012 (Retail boxed version, this time) Have only played the Tutorial so far, which has a few more interesting bits than their earlier game. Maybe if it's BIG Metropolis' that cause problems, then maybe I will keep the Cities as Towns and just enjoy the scenery (which is so much better than Sim City 4). Thanks again for the Warning.
RolandBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:37 PM   #4
DJDash

Yep, Sid Meier did Railroads. Will Wright is the guy that designed the whole Sim Series (including The Sims), and SimCity (the first one, on old 386) is what made him famous

Good luck with Cities XL. It IS playable when you keep it to small towns, though.
DJDash is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Cities XL