Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 11-15-2011, 08:03 AM   #1
chipset35

Game runs fine even on PCs below minimum specs!

Before you go and claiming the game is broken etc, go read the posts by the players who run the game at below minimum specs first, before declaring a falsehood.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2233428

If you are not willing to adjust your graphics settings from within the game per the many articles by gamesites, threads by players, then you are beyond help.

Also, stop being glued to the FPS meter, and instead base your metric on the gameplay and not a number.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:07 AM   #2
Tea2theBag

Cool story.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php...ezes-outdoors/
Tea2theBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:21 AM   #3
Draigo

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea2theBag View Post
durr durr durrr. That's the sound you make.
Draigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:23 AM   #4
Tea2theBag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigo View Post
durr durr durrr. That's the sound you make.

You mad?
Old 11-15-2011, 08:26 AM   #5
Draigo

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea2theBag View Post
You mad?
No I'm not, because I can play Skyrim just fine on my ancient laptop.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:27 AM   #6
Tea2theBag

Quote:
Yeah but why you mad though?
Old 11-15-2011, 08:28 AM   #7
Draigo

Banned
Aw you discovered 4-chan!
Old 11-15-2011, 08:29 AM   #8
wits

Maybe because everyone is trying to play on High and Ultra when their systems obviously can't handle it. Some people just realize you have to suck it up and play Medium or Low, and lots of others need to see that.
wits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:29 AM   #9
chipset35

Quote:
Its amazing how many players can play Skyrim even on PCs below minimum specs.
Whenever, I see someone with good specs that has issues and everyone is helping, yet still cannot get the game to run properly, IMHO its due to a users lack of understanding of PC's.

Also, whats with players who have ancient CPUs but new graphics cards or new CPUs with old graphics cards?
Thats a recipe for disaster.

Either do it right or dont do it at all.
chipset35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:30 AM   #10
Draigo

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipset35 View Post
Whenever, I see someone with good specs that has issues and everyone is helping, yet still cannot get the game to run properly, IMHO its due to a users lack of understanding of PC's.

Also, whats with players who have ancient CPUs but new graphics cards or new CPUs with old graphics cards?

You hit the nail right on the head.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:32 AM   #11
Tea2theBag

Quote:
Aw you discovered 4-chan!
Or I discovered Steam fourms and I am now successfully evaluating your level of "mad".
Old 11-15-2011, 08:32 AM   #12
chipset35

Quote:
Originally Posted by wits View Post
Maybe because everyone is trying to play on High and Ultra when their systems obviously can't handle it. Some people just realize you have to suck it up and play Medium or Low, and lots of others need to see that.
There are also the players who fixate on FPS...I dont know, nor do I care what my FPS is..all I know is it runs and looks great.
OMG my game runs and looks great but my FPS is 30...oh nooooooo's
chipset35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:49 AM   #13
waggywags

High, without reflections and with low AA, or Medium, with reflections and high AA? The latter looks much nicer in my opinion, and therefore people just need to learn to optimize their systems for the best visual experience.

... Of course, the hype has generated a lot of people who never tried modding before, and so they probably go "hurr durr wait theres settings?!!?!?!?!"
waggywags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:54 AM   #14
KuranesDreamer

Banned
The game's graphics do have one glaring fault with them that I can not ignore or give them praise for:

There is virtually no difference in appearance or performance between LOW and ULTRA HIGH settings. None.

The game auto-detected LOW for me when I first installed it. I ran with it for a bit, expecting it to be somewhat slow. It ran like a beast. So I tried medium; at first I didn't even think the setting stuck. No FPS drop, no visual difference. So I said, "What the hell" and cranked it up to Ultra. Still no FPS drop and only a marginal increase in clarity on textures (nothing else). So then I customized the graphics; everything set to High, every slider as high as it can go. No FPS change, and no visual change from the base Ultra.

I don't really put emphasis on graphics, and this doesn't affect my experience with the game at all, but the fact of the matter is this: It doesn't matter if the graphics are good or bad, but when there's absolutely no visible difference between the highest setting and the lowest, there is a big ing problem with the way the game was created.

Last edited by KuranesDreamer: 11-15-2011 at 08:58 AM.
KuranesDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:58 AM   #15
Vivisect_VIVIVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by wits View Post
That is one of the reasons I believe some games dont give PC users things like super Hi res textures and in game options that are lock between certain variables, since most people have no self control and insist that if it will run maxed out it should run at an exceptible frame rate, if not, the game is obviosly unoptimized, but god forbid if someone tells them thier Athlon 64 x2 2 gigs of ram, HD2600 and such are not optimal for max settings.

You should see how craptacular Morrowind looks on my Intel Atom powered netbook, but it is still a hell of a lot of fun on the road when traveling.
(At about 26 FPS average I should add )

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipset35 View Post

This can definately cause problems when it comes to drivers that still try to support new and 4-5 year old video cards. Or people that OC there PC's and think if its stable in 100 other programs that 1 game couldn't possibly show any instability or a flawed over clock, or people with old Pentium D dual cores and such OC'ed to 3.5 - 4 ghz and think it should out perform a 2 ghz i3or some such processor, not to mention OC'ed Video Cards on stock cooling.

Theres also the possibility of problems with the cores that people unlock on AMD CPU's like the Phenoms being unstable, since whether they were locked due to instability or just to increase stock of lower end CPU's is an unknown.

Last edited by Vivisect_VIVIVI: 11-15-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Vivisect_VIVIVI is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V