Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare 3

Old 11-15-2011, 08:13 AM   #1
SharPain

Red face Can't connect to Online Services (multyplaer)

Since yesterday evening any time I press "Play" in "Multiplayer" window the box "Please wait. Connecting to Online Services..." is shown for some time and then the error message "The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 server is not available at this time. Please try again later or visit http://www.callofduty.com/mw3/status for update." appears. I DID "try again" hundreds of time - no use, all's the same. Every time when I visit the recommended web-site it says "Online services are fully operational". What's happening? Am I the only one having this problem? Besides, when I launch Black Ops multiplayer there's no servers available in the Server Browser.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:16 AM   #2
DigitalTribe

You sir have been BANED!

tip: Stop using hacks
Old 11-15-2011, 08:26 AM   #3
SharPain

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalTribe View Post
You sir have been BANED!

Most idiotic comment - I NEVER used any.
SharPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:19 AM   #4
Bucky

its not an idiotic comment it could be possible and if you have hacked i hope you rot in hell and if you havent then i hope you get it fixed soon.

when i connect to mw3 multiplayer it takes some time to log onto online services but i always get in!
Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:22 AM   #5
Vinto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
its not an idiotic comment it could be possible and if you have hacked i hope you rot in hell and if you havent then i hope you get it fixed soon.

when i connect to mw3 multiplayer it takes some time to log onto online services but i always get in!
Agree, try the thing in bold first.

Otherwise if you have or think you have hacked, contact Steam Support for more information.
Vinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:26 AM   #6
krueppelmo

Check your VAC status in Steam. That tells you if you've been banned.

If you had scrolled through the forum a bit you would have encountered a similar topic, where people can't connect to online services either.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2226658

That has people searching for solutions, so I suggest you keep an eye out for posts in that thread.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:12 PM   #7
SharPain

Quote:
Originally Posted by krueppelmo View Post
Check your VAC status in Steam. That tells you if you've been banned.

If you had scrolled through the forum a bit you would have encountered a similar topic, where people can't connect to online services either.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2226658

That has people searching for solutions, so I suggest you keep an eye out for posts in that thread.
My VAC status is "The account ISN'T blocked" (translation from Russian), i.e. all's fine from this point.
And thank you for the link.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:23 PM   #8
e_m_d88

My VAC says good standing. But I can't play either. My nephew played on a hacked server and max my prestige. I can't play either. I emailed steam hopefully they can do something.
e_m_d88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:29 PM   #9
SharPain

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_m_d88 View Post
My VAC says good standing. But I can't play either. My nephew played on a hacked server and max my prestige. I can't play either. I emailed steam hopefully they can do something.
I never visited any hacked servers (deliberately at least) and I've contacted Steam Support too (haven't got any answer yet).
I guess, I'm starting to understand what's happening. Usually I connect to Internet via PPoE (it's my primary connection), right now I disconnected it and connected to Internet via 3G-modem - both games run WELL!!! Yet, my Internet provider claims they didn't change any settings - can be lying or not aware of the things made by the superior provider.
Have just talked to my Internet provider once again - they confessed they have "some problems" with UDP and promised to solve them in a day or two...
So, I'd suggest if you have the same problems, stop bugger about your PC and contact your Internet provider - it might help.

Last edited by SharPain: 11-15-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:34 PM   #10
e_m_d88

It works now!!!
e_m_d88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:50 PM   #11
SharPain

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_m_d88 View Post
It works now!!!
All by itself? You did nothing?
Old 11-16-2011, 03:15 AM   #12
Vinto

No, he said he emailed Steam Support and they resolved it.

But seriously, don't use the "my brother/nephew/cousan" excuse its pretty pathetic.
Vinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:20 AM   #13
magictuning1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinto View Post
No, he said he emailed Steam Support and they resolved it..
steam support or activision support?
magictuning1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:40 AM   #14
wildwill

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalTribe View Post
You sir have been BANED!

Bull i have the same issue and i dont use hacks.. and meny ppl have the same issue
Old 02-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #15
warza

Same problem here , for the last two weeks I haven't being able to "connect to online services" although I've played MW3 since November 011 .. We have two MW3 installed on two PC's , both games installed through Steam , no hacks ever used . MW3 runs OK on one machine , but mine displays this mentioned error. Yesterday I was able to play it for a few minutes though ..
All specific ports are open on router , NAT open , both PC's are cable connected , nothing seem to work for me , so I think I have bought the wrong game either.
warza is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare 3