Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > L.A. Noire

Old 11-15-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
perkwerx

LANoire.exe is missing

"LANoire.exe is missing. Please re-install the game"
That's what I'm getting now after successfully running the game for three (3) days. What the heck? I didn’t modify an files or folders, although I did add a line to the LANLauncher (-str). But since that time, I have un-installed all local content once and after that I did it again and deleted all the folders within Steam (Steamapps>common). This obviously is a legal purchase so I have no idea what’s happening. When I Google this error, everything points to where I can grab the “cracked” *.exe so I just leave those results alone. Can someone help? Please?
-t
Old 11-15-2011, 01:01 PM   #2
JackM

Check that your antivirus is not deleting this exe by mistake (see this page)
JackM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #3
perkwerx

Thanks for the link - I do indeed remember Norton saying something to me from the systray during install - I'll check it out when I get home tonight. Thanks!
perkwerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
masquelaluna

Quote:
Originally Posted by perkwerx View Post
"LANoire.exe is missing. Please re-install the game"
That's what I'm getting now after successfully running the game for three (3) days. What the heck? I didn’t modify an files or folders, although I did add a line to the LANLauncher (-str). But since that time, I have un-installed all local content once and after that I did it again and deleted all the folders within Steam (Steamapps>common). This obviously is a legal purchase so I have no idea what’s happening. When I Google this error, everything points to where I can grab the “cracked” *.exe so I just leave those results alone. Can someone help? Please?
-t

Hi!
I have the same problem!!! Really, the experience on this buy it´s the worst ever...
masquelaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:52 PM   #5
gseth

I had this problem too. Instead of disabling the anti virus I just added the exe to the list of exceptions.
gseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:27 PM   #6
masquelaluna

Quote:
Originally Posted by gseth View Post
I had this problem too. Instead of disabling the anti virus I just added the exe to the list of exceptions.
In my case, ¡the exe it´s really mising! I mean doesn´t exist anymore!! I dont have idea why! But it´s just the last of a several list of problems since i bought this game
Old 11-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #7
mohaa7

I remember seeing this kind of message for users who download the game illegally.
Please purchase if you haven't. It is a great game.
Obviously, if you have purchased it and faces this kind of problem, your exe file is missing.
Try re-installing the game.
mohaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:05 AM   #8
MASTAN

Game properties, Local Files tab, verify integrity of game cache.
MASTAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:54 PM   #9
StuG_1944

Mine did this when the files were mislabeled. Instead of "L.A. Noire" it was "L.A.Noire". Same goes for the file for "Rock Star" it was "RockStar". I fixed mine when I added the space. Seems it couldn't find the files because they were labeled wrong.

Try adding or removing the space. If that doesn't work just rename them back. Might be worth a try, you never know.
StuG_1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:07 PM   #10
masquelaluna

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaa7 View Post
I remember seeing this kind of message for users who download the game illegally.
Please purchase if you haven't. It is a great game.
Obviously, if you have purchased it and faces this kind of problem, your exe file is missing.
Try re-installing the game.
I have a legal copy of the game. I pre order it 2 weeks before by steam. The solution was check the integrity of game cache. But still, i dont know why this happen.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:18 AM   #11
Eagle101

Exact same thing happened to me with the Steam version of this game. There is no virus in the launcher or exe of the game. Norton is sending you (and me) a false positive. Whitelist the 2 files in your Norton settings. Now the complete game will install. But before you can play it you have to make sure that STEAM (not the game) But STEAM is running as admin. It wont do any good to run the game as admin, you have to run STEAM as admin.

This was the crappiest launch of an A-List game I've ever seen. Totally unprofessional. Like it was programed by chimps. I've read that at least half the people that forked over their money can't even launch the thing. I'll never buy another Rockstar game. Never. And WTF happened to Steams cust serv? They used to have great, 1st class cust service, but no more. It's just as crappy as everyone else's Pakastani model.

I'm heavily invested in Steam, so I'll stick with them, but I'm not happy.
Eagle101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > L.A. Noire