Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Orchestra series > Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Old 11-16-2011, 02:10 PM   #1
Sgtskinner

Post Red Orchestra 2 Lag

First off I'm really enjoying the game. I don't want to complain but I got one issue. When i play online I get this Lag where the game freeze for about 4 seconds and the goes back to normal again. This happens every 5 to 10 minutes. It's not a graphic problem, I tried tuning the graphics down etc. same result. I have a decent internet connection, other games work fine.

All I want to know if there is something I can do, is it a server problem or should I wait for another patch.

Did anyone else have this proplem?
Old 11-16-2011, 02:32 PM   #2
FubyDoo

I've noticed these lag spikes today after the last patch.. seen Yoshiro's server up and TW playing on it..so they feel it too..
FubyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
SuperTaz

The lag you are experiencing is PB taking screen shots. It may cause a short pause while a screen shot is taken. Some servers are set up to take auto screen shots.
SuperTaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:36 PM   #4
KBraun

On my server the options in Webadmin for Punkbuster is Off/Low/Medium/High. There are servers that don't have this issue and all are set to medium, as mine is. Maybe people are setting it to high thinking it's better protection but may actaully be causing issues. I would suggest server owners to set the Cheat Detection Punkbuster Profile to medium and see if that makes a difference. I'd also recommend rebooting the game server at least once a week. I also make sure I have all the updates for the server. While this should happen automatically when an update is released, I do run the manual STEAM server update from time to time and sometimes I get updated files. I'm not sure how others get updated but I'm talking about hosting through Branzone.

Everyone is welcome to try out "Festung Stalingrad-Realism" 40 player. The smaller player servers perform much better and my server has no rules per-say. Someone TK you on purpose? Don't cry to the admin, stab him in the back! Cuss, yell, sing, dance. The only thing I would kick for are trolls, griefers, and Communist propoganda. Well, I'm kidding about the last one. Communists are welcome and anyone else of any political representation.. hell it's a free country so take advantage while it lasts.
KBraun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:55 PM   #5
R5CYA

Banned
KBraun, pm incoming.
R5CYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:36 AM   #6
Sgtskinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTaz View Post
The lag you are experiencing is PB taking screen shots. It may cause a short pause while a screen shot is taken. Some servers are set up to take auto screen shots.
So I tried joining in with servers that have no pb enabled and it worked perfectly normal. Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I can now only play on pb disabled servers. Do you think TWI will fix this issue with pb? I admit I'm not the biggest fan of pb, why did they even add it to the game, VAC worked fine in RO1
Sgtskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:48 AM   #7
R5CYA

Banned
you mean will pbb fix the pbb problem. it's not just a problem on ro2 and tripwire didn't cause it. now they might be able to fix it if pbb doesn't. but they already got plenty of bugs of their own they're dealing with right now.
R5CYA is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Orchestra series > Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad