Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 11-18-2011, 01:22 PM   #1
Jgamer

HINT for those having problems getting into the college of Winterhold

I had a problem getting into the college of winterhold with two of my characters, one time because I accidentally told her I could cast the spell but I did not know it, then the other time when the spell cost more then my max magicka

But there is a secret alternate way to enter the college. You do a shout for Faralda and she sees you are a dragonborn and she lets you in. I tried it and it worked!

so I hope this helps anyone else who gets stuck

Source: College of Winterhold Walkthrough
Old 11-18-2011, 01:24 PM   #2
malek1013

This is blatant favoritism.

I will be reporting Winterhold to the proper authorities and getting their mages accreditation revoked. Favoritism to Dragons and/or Dragon-Born, even for purposes of demographics / affirmative action is not right; it should be about the arcane abilities of the student along with their hard work and past magical history.
malek1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #3
ravensshade

but if i shouted at her she would've been burned to a crisp.. frozen or flung miles away... I'll stick with magic to enter the college
ravensshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:27 PM   #4
malek1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensshade View Post
but if i shouted at her she would've been burned to a crisp.. frozen or flung miles away... I'll stick with magic to enter the college
You just shout AROUND her, not AT her. Found that out the hardway... once...
Old 11-18-2011, 01:34 PM   #5
Trafalgar

I shouted at the castellan of Whiterun (or whatever his title is) with the first level of unrelenting force (the one that does more or less nothing) once during the conversation between him and the Jarl and other fellows, when he was saying that there was no evidence that I was a dragonborn.

Naturally, rather than saying "Oh! He can SHOUT! Also, that tickled," everyone drew their weapons and immediately cut me down (while continuing their conversation).
Trafalgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:35 PM   #6
malek1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar View Post
Naturally, rather than saying "Oh! He can SHOUT! Also, that tickled," everyone drew their weapons and immediately cut me down (while continuing their conversation).
And I did the Exact. Same. Thing.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:17 PM   #7
dannythefool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar View Post
Shouting isn't really proof that you're dragonborn. They'll just assume you learned the Voice the hard way like everybody else.
dannythefool is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V