Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare 3

Old 11-26-2011, 07:49 PM   #16
tyfighter

Yah this is a big problem for me cause it drops me down to 20 fps just from having to play normal...
tyfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:26 AM   #17
MaXGTS

Banned
IW is screwing with us. They're intentionally messing with the game just to spite us. Remember, IW hates PC gamers. I guess it's payback for all the PC piracy they put up with in the past.
MaXGTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:35 AM   #18
Infinity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrover View Post
need help ,don't know what to do, after some update (i dont know if its cuz of update) i started the game and noticed that graphics look bad,went to options and saw that texture quality went from extra to normal ,tried to change it but every time i change it it goes back to normal by itself (i was running on extra before and didnt have problems)
First of all, if you are an NVidia card user then go to NVidia Control Panel and make sure that the settings in there are not what are preventing you from making certain changes in the game's Advanced Video menu.

In NVidia Control Panel/3D Settings/ set Texure Filtering Quality to High Quality and say Ok then go back into the game and see if you can change texture quality settings in the game's menu.
Infinity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:47 AM   #19
tyfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXGTS View Post
IW is screwing with us. They're intentionally messing with the game just to spite us. Remember, IW hates PC gamers. I guess it's payback for all the PC piracy they put up with in the past.
lol ya i feel like that right now. I already contacted support waiting for reply.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:15 AM   #20
DeluxeGaming

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity7 View Post
First of all, if you are an NVidia card user then go to NVidia Control Panel and make sure that the settings in there are not what are preventing you from making certain changes in the game's Advanced Video menu.

In NVidia Control Panel/3D Settings/ set Texure Filtering Quality to High Quality and say Ok then go back into the game and see if you can change texture quality settings in the game's menu.
I tried changing my graphics today and all it did was lock the game up.
Could be im using a HD4850 which is old but after exiting and changing it back to what it was the game was fine.
I feel for yas especially if your stuck on a too high setting and your fps is dropping.
It will get fixed if enough people mention it.

I suspect may e they locked something in the cfg that was enabling the multiple stealth bombers but accidentally locked the whole thing after the binds.

Who knows? It will get fixed.
DeluxeGaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:33 AM   #21
denis_fdrv

I have the same issue, though in my case it reverts to "high" rather than "normal" for the last two texture-quality-related settings (normal map resolution and occlusion map resolution if my memory does not fail me).
denis_fdrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:35 AM   #22
The_End254

Yeah the texture resolution reverts back to normal for me.
The_End254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:35 AM   #23
Infinity7

I think it was discovered that some players were able to see through some things if textures were really low quality and that's why latest patch made it so you can't anymore.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:00 AM   #24
tyfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity7 View Post
I think it was discovered that some players were able to see through some things if textures were really low quality and that's why latest patch made it so you can't anymore.
If thats the case then they should have mentioned it in the patch notes.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:05 AM   #25
Cryptmasher

Infinity7 what you said can't be right 'cause in my case i wanna change the texture qualities from high to extra and still won't work
Cryptmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:07 AM   #26
Infinity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptmasher View Post
Infinity7 what you said can't be right 'cause in my case i wanna change the texture qualities from high to extra and still won't work
I ran into one of the game developers in a game once and he said they don't watch the Steam forums all the time but they watch all of the topics on the callofduty.com forums. You can go look there and see if the issue has been discussed and if it has assume they know about the issue. I think they already know about it.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:32 AM   #27
Cryptmasher

If they knew about it wouldn't they fix it at 1.4 since the issue first appeared at the launch of 1.3?And anyways i won't go at their forums , they don't deserve anything , even that little effort i would do to sign up. I'm starting to get bored of this : FoV change = bannable , half the advanced video menu doesn't work , no support at all , being pushed aside.
Cryptmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:55 PM   #28
tyfighter

anyone have a fix? havent been able to play this 50 dollar game that i got since mid nov...
Old 12-09-2011, 08:31 AM   #29
JBeat2k9

Cool

I found a fix! Go to the installation folder of MW3, and right click Iw5sp.exe. Then click properties - click the compatibility tab, and set the game to run in windows XP sp3 mode. It will work perfectly. I am now able to set my texture resolution, specular map resolution and normal map resolutions freely. ^_^ Worked for me and my friend, so should work for you! If it works for you, please consider checking out my youtube channel. I do Let's plays with commentary and only have like 100 subs. xD its at youtube.com/JayBeat2k6

Last edited by JBeat2k9: 12-09-2011 at 08:34 AM.
JBeat2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:16 AM   #30
Il_Cencio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeat2k9 View Post
I found a fix! Go to the installation folder of MW3, and right click Iw5sp.exe. Then click properties - click the compatibility tab, and set the game to run in windows XP sp3 mode. It will work perfectly. I am now able to set my texture resolution, specular map resolution and normal map resolutions freely. ^_^ Worked for me and my friend, so should work for you! If it works for you, please consider checking out my youtube channel. I do Let's plays with commentary and only have like 100 subs. xD its at youtube.com/JayBeat2k6
It obviously doesn't works.... at least for me...
I can't change the texture quality in multiplayer... it's impossible to fix it changing something in the iw5sp that is the singleplayer...
Il_Cencio is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare 3