Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alice: Madness Returns

Old 11-20-2011, 09:11 AM   #1
Lilwolf2000

RRR.... absolutely horrid restore/spawn points

After spending 4-6 hours to get the umbrella working (wow, what a cluster)... I get two sections later, come to an area that I have to work through.. get to the end and die. Jumps me back about 15 minutes of gameplay.

wait... I died like 10 times getting to that point... and it didn't restart me!?!?

well, maybe I died too many times? So I go through again (only dying about 2 times) get to the end and die yet again...

now, I'm dying because the !@# controls... I'm trying to target a swarm nest, and its targetting on people BEHIND me!?! This time I say to may daughter "If it restarts at the beginning, I'm uninstalling it"...

it's uninstalled.

This isn't the first area that you work through timing and jumps and get to the end, and one false move and your all the way back at the beginning. I had others that spent so much frustriating times. It's 95% death because for bad controls (especially because the mouse you can't adjust... WT...add letter here).

Anyway, beautiful game. Loved the first. Love aspects of the second. I just wish the it wouldn't jump you back so far when you die (EVER), and you configuration was better.

Those two changes, and I would be pretty happy with the game.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
MADDOGGE

Yes, fun game but many areas have absolutely horrible save points others are just fine. Entirely too much happens in some areas before the game saves. This I might add was not an issue with the first game that has the options of checkpoints, manual save and quicksave. Options are always good. Still a fun game just not one I have the patience to spend hours at repeating the same thing over and over very often. So I am very slowly working my way through this otherwise quite enjoyable game.

PS: This game imo needs a patch allowing at the very least manual saving of your actual position and progress not just the last checkpoint. QS would be grand but just a plain manual menu save would be better than nothing. I don't think that will happen.
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:24 PM   #3
AeddGynvael

You made a new thread to complain about something that there are TWO OTHER THREADS about.

Congratulations.
AeddGynvael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:30 PM   #4
Lilwolf2000

Sorry, didn't see them. And thanks for replying to my thread to bring it to the top! I think there is room for three threads for this on the internet. The internet is pretty big!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeddGynvael View Post
You made a new thread to complain about something that there are TWO OTHER THREADS about.

Congratulations.
Lilwolf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:06 AM   #5
AeddGynvael

a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilwolf2000 View Post
Sorry, didn't see them. And thanks for replying to my thread to bring it to the top!
Only it was already at the top at the time I responded.

Quote:
I think there is room for three threads for this on the internet. The internet is pretty big!
...That is so damn ignorantly idiotic that I don't even know how to respond.
Are you serious?

Where exactly do I state there is "no room on the Internet for three threads for this" or whatever you're trying to imply?
What I stated was that there are two OTHER threads that have the EXACT SAME TOPIC you brought up. If your brain worked properly, you could have, you know, seen that there are other threads around this forum, recently posted in, nonetheless, in which people whine about checkpoints.But no, what did you do? You made YET ANOTHER ONE, whining about the exact same thing.

I guess actually looking through the forum is way too hard of a task to accomplish for you.
AeddGynvael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:22 PM   #6
MushRush66

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeddGynvael View Post
Only it was already at the top at the time I responded.

...That is so damn ignorantly idiotic that I don't even know how to respond.
Are you serious?

Where exactly do I state there is "no room on the Internet for three threads for this" or whatever you're trying to imply?
What I stated was that there are two OTHER threads that have the EXACT SAME TOPIC you brought up. If your brain worked properly, you could have, you know, seen that there are other threads around this forum, recently posted in, nonetheless, in which people whine about checkpoints.But no, what did you do? You made YET ANOTHER ONE, whining about the exact same thing.

I guess actually looking through the forum is way too hard of a task to accomplish for you.
My G*d dude, calm the H*ll down...
Anyone putting this much misguided effort into policing these forums needs to get a life... I was thinking of starting a new thread about the savepoints just to tick you off - but I do not want to be responsible for another idiot going psychotic on anyone innocent... Because, man - that is exactly the kind of poster that you seem to be...

Take your medication please...
MushRush66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:38 PM   #7
MushRush66

Quote:
Sorry, didn't see them. And thanks for replying to my thread to bring it to the top! I think there is room for three threads for this on the internet. The internet is pretty big!

LOL...

The internet really IS THAT BIG??

+ rep for Lilwolf for educating AeddGynvael on how big the internet is - I think it is THIS BIG __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________!!!
MushRush66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alice: Madness Returns