Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Anno series

Old 11-22-2011, 01:40 AM   #1
Heiland

Coop Mode in Anno 2070

I am thinking about buying this game, but first i want to know how the coop works in this game.

Anyone can tell me what you can play in coop (campaign or/and endless games) and how good is the connection of coop games?
Old 11-22-2011, 03:09 AM   #2
nuker22110

yeah the connection is pretty good. the only lag ive ever experienced was with some guy from the reunion islands. i dont imagine they have good broadband there. however from asia, i have played with people from germany and the united states fine. COOP is available for both campaign missions, and endless games. i believe that there is coop for single missions too. however the games usually take quite some time, so be prepared to find someone closer to your location
Old 11-22-2011, 03:13 AM   #3
shinminah

The coop has been working fine for me and my 3 friends so far. Mostly we are playing endless games in 2v2 and it's even more fun to discuss everything and complain about the building strategies of the teammate. Especially when his money-management is terrible.

The Uplay network crashed once so far. That was on the first saturday night after the release. Since then it's been running smooth.
shinminah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:15 AM   #4
DUC5

I haven't played co-op yet, could someone explain how that works exactly? Is it just 2 players using the same team/resources to build a city together?
DUC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:26 AM   #5
lordkosc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUC5 View Post
Is it just 2 players using the same team/resources to build a city together?

That is correct.
lordkosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:30 AM   #6
Kyorisu

Two or more. As a rule try to listen to what the host says unless you're with friends then be a all you want
Kyorisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:51 AM   #7
Nadasdy

Does anyone know if Achievements would be shared in Coop?(2 people on one character). In 1404 Venice the person who was in the #1 slot would get all the achievements and #2 player would not.
Nadasdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:15 PM   #8
Omega_K2

Nadasdy: That is wrong, in anno 1404 both people would get the achievements. However, you need to play from the beginning and sometimes the savegames were bugged not allowing any further achievement progress.
Also some achievements were based on personal progress, for example, if you had 50 for one achievement and your friend only 20, and you had to reach 60, you'd get the achievement while your friend doesn't (as he only reaches 30 at that point).
I haven't tested how it works in 2070, but I'd assume it's the same.
Omega_K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:03 AM   #9
Nadasdy

I played alot of games online in 1404. I never once gained an achievement when I was the 2nd player in Coop. Most of the time when I played, when the 1st player did something it would never track for the 2nd player. There were several things myself and friends picked out to work on specifically and that we were close on and it would still never work.

Did some MP on 2070 today and its a disaster. Game desyncs so often and from minor things like destroying a building, using a ship effect, building a harbor or warehouse ect.. Completed mission objectives for 2 separate scenario's and didnt get the achievement for either, myself or my co-oper.
Nadasdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:04 AM   #10
Heiland

So now i can say you get every Achievment without being the Host.

Anyone knows how i can play worldevents in Multiplayer? Or is this not possible?
Heiland is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Anno series