Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 11-22-2011, 04:47 AM   #1
Snakey402

Skyrim Save File location

As with plenty of others i can assume, Skyrim for the PC is giving me grief. At first it was being a and shutting down my PC should i use the Map and now it's crashing at will. Don't bother accusing my Hardware or Heat as I have tried many many so called "Fixes" to get it working without sudden crashes all to no avail.

Also i have tried "Verifying Game Cache" with steam. Twice in fact, and now I can't load my game at all. I'm stuck on a never-ending load screen... So now I feel like literally re-installing this via deleting it and re-DLing it. One thing i want though is my save file, As i really, really don't wanna start all over again..

I've not done much in terms of quests but I've gotten alot of loot via being a theif and would hate to re-start with nothing again. So if you could please tell me where the default save game file is located, i could try this last "fix" if you will, and see if I can't play skryim without having the game shut down, and reboot my PC without any warning/ reason.

Thank you for your time,
Snake.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:48 AM   #2
NiVoXE

Documents/my games/skyrim/saves
NiVoXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:50 PM   #3
rocketsniper

Thank you eight billion!
rocketsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:24 AM   #4
BarbequedIguana

More specifically in Windows 7 the C:\Users\<username>\Documents\my games\skyrim\saves folder.

If you redirected the My Documents folder to a different location, as I have, Steam, (or Bethesda perhaps), ignores this & puts it on the C drive regardless of where your My Documents folder is stored. So when you go to Computer - Libraries - Documents - My Games, it isn't there.
BarbequedIguana is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V