Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 11-23-2011, 03:22 AM   #1
master_aizen

can't log on steam in offline mode!

okay.. i got a problem with steam. I can't connect with steam in offline mode!

Whenever i try to go in offline mode, i get the message saying: "steam is having trouble connecting to the steam servers", or no internet connection.

Anyone know how i can fix this?

Aizen

Old 11-23-2011, 04:42 AM   #2
KubanitoS

You have to go online first and while you are online switch to offline mode. It should work.
KubanitoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:45 AM   #3
skoops

I had the same problem trying to play a few of my games in offline mode last week when my Internet was down.Whats the point in having offline mode when you need to go online to accesses it
skoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:22 AM   #4
counterman

I posted a thread about this a few days ago, try ticking the box in settings that says "don't save credentials on this computer" I know it says doing this will deactivate online mode but it doesn't after checking this box and deactivating my internet and resetting my computer instead of getting the message "steam cannot connect to servers" or whatever when choosing offline mode, it just goes straight to offline mode, very strange but it worked for me.
Even if steam is running when the net goes down with this box checked without resetting the pc you can still go into offline mode, you all you do is close steam from the tray and then reactivate it through a game or you desktop steam icon or whatever.
If the box is ticked and you try to go offline mode when net is down by choosing it in steam settings it won't, but it doesn't matter because it will still think its in online mode, and when you run a game you get a message saying steam couldn't connect to cloud, which is fine because you an't online.

Last edited by counterman: 11-23-2011 at 08:30 AM.
counterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:44 PM   #5
HAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterman View Post
I posted a thread about this a few days ago, try ticking the box in settings that says "don't save credentials on this computer" I know it says doing this will deactivate online mode but it doesn't after checking this box and deactivating my internet and resetting my computer instead of getting the message "steam cannot connect to servers" or whatever when choosing offline mode, it just goes straight to offline mode, very strange but it worked for me.
Even if steam is running when the net goes down with this box checked without resetting the pc you can still go into offline mode, you all you do is close steam from the tray and then reactivate it through a game or you desktop steam icon or whatever.
If the box is ticked and you try to go offline mode when net is down by choosing it in steam settings it won't, but it doesn't matter because it will still think its in online mode, and when you run a game you get a message saying steam couldn't connect to cloud, which is fine because you an't online.

ok so how do i get into offline mode when my internet is down and I am not able to check that box?

seriously this is fubar because i got all these games that i cannot play, my net is down so i cannot log in to check the box ugggh!

is there anything in the steam folder i could delete or change to make this work?

what if I have my little bro log on to my account from his house and hceck that box, will it work for my computer lol?
HAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #6
mr138

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoops View Post
I had the same problem trying to play a few of my games in offline mode last week when my Internet was down.Whats the point in having offline mode when you need to go online to accesses it
Offline mode works fine and as intended; try paying your internet bill instead of blaming Steam for you being poor.

Last edited by mr138: 12-03-2011 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Needed more hostility.
mr138 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips