Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 11-23-2011, 04:25 AM   #1
obren2obren

Incorporated land mass theory

So as we all know there is some land mass in Skyrim coresponding to the geography of Morrowind and Cyrodiil. I'm not sure what to expect, but it would be great, if you own Morrowind and Oblivion, to somehow connect all three games in one great trilogy with Skyrim engine. We saw it's possible (Morroblivion anyone) and I would love to go back to Morrowind once again. I guess more likely scenario is gonna be the abilty to travel to Morrowind and Cyrodiil with your Skyrim character, also awesome!
Old 11-23-2011, 04:28 AM   #2
NiVoXE

The amount of designing and coding would be insane, even if what you're saying is "possible" I can only imagine it would be well priced DLC.

But personally, I doubt.
NiVoXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:48 AM   #3
Andarvi

Then again, for Oblivion exist things like Nehrim

It's amazing what dedicated modders will do.
Andarvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:46 AM   #4
Lord_WC

Quote:
Originally Posted by obren2obren View Post
So as we all know there is some land mass in Skyrim coresponding to the geography of Morrowind and Cyrodiil. I'm not sure what to expect, but it would be great, if you own Morrowind and Oblivion, to somehow connect all three games in one great trilogy with Skyrim engine. We saw it's possible (Morroblivion anyone) and I would love to go back to Morrowind once again. I guess more likely scenario is gonna be the abilty to travel to Morrowind and Cyrodiil with your Skyrim character, also awesome!
You clearly miss that there is a slight 400 year gap between the happenings of morrowind and oblivion and a further 200 years or so passed until skyrim takes place.
Lord_WC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:48 AM   #5
obren2obren

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVoXE View Post
The amount of designing and coding would be insane, even if what you're saying is "possible" I can only imagine it would be well priced DLC.

But personally, I doubt.
Well, I would gladly pay for that DLC. Maybe it could feature quest line like folowing the footsteps of the Nerevarine in Morrowind long after he's gone, kind of retrospective of the game TES III. I liked Morroblivion, but I missed that dirty, brown look original Morrowind had. Oblivion had way to shiny art. I think it would be quite possible recreating this provinces in Skyrim engine, with new storylines and quests taking place 400+ years after Nerevarine. By the way best story in all TES games was featured in Morrowind.

Last edited by obren2obren: 11-23-2011 at 06:08 AM.
obren2obren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:53 AM   #6
Masterclown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_WC View Post
You clearly miss that there is a slight 400 year gap between the happenings of morrowind and oblivion and a further 200 years or so passed until skyrim takes place.
What difference does that make? It would still be possible to visit the same regions. Characters and stories wouldn't necessarily line up, of course.
Masterclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:07 AM   #7
sloop1138

I just expect that they're there for expansions. I could totally see them doing an expansion where you go back to Morrowind to check out some strange happenings in the now evacuated land. And, if I recall correctly, the overall landmass of the Morrowind and Cyrodill regions are a little smaller in scale than they were in their respective games. With the size they are in Skyrim I could totally see them being about the right size, especially considering how big prior ones like Shivering Isles and Bloodmoon were.
sloop1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:19 AM   #8
Dr Scuttles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_WC View Post
Sorry, the Correction Police have rolled into town.

Skyrim is set 201 years after Oblivion. Arena-Oblivion only covers about 30 or so years.

I tried to stop myself being so pedantic, but I couldn't. I'm so sorry.
Dr Scuttles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:35 PM   #9
obren2obren

Oh snap, I thought I was correct about the TES timeline.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:51 PM   #10
Genavian

Quote:
Originally Posted by obren2obren View Post
Morroblivion
They erased "wind" to include "oblivion" ? Shouldn't it be the other way? "Morrowindion" ?

Morrowind deserves more letters.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:55 PM   #11
ironclawx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genavian View Post
They erased "wind" to include "oblivion" ? Shouldn't it be the other way? "Morrowindion" ?

Who the hell cares?
ironclawx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:00 PM   #12
superboyofmeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by obren2obren
So as we all know there is some land mass in Skyrim coresponding to the geography of Morrowind and Cyrodiil. I'm not sure what to expect, but it would be great, if you own Morrowind and Oblivion, to somehow connect all three games in one great trilogy with Skyrim engine.
Definately not impossible, there was a mod that added all of FO3 into FO:NV if you had both games installed, and a similar one with Morrowind.

But I wouldn't want this at all, the artistic jump from Skyrim to Oblivion is just too grand, it would be better to just recraft all the meshes and textures than copy paste Oblivions into something as grand as skyrim.

As far as future expansions go, I wouldn't count on them rebuilding entire continents of previous games. Think of how long it took them to rush this release, let alone rebuilt all of cyrodil and morrowind.
superboyofmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:23 PM   #13
Hurbster

Oblivion takes place 6 years after Morrowind. Kinda pointless with the 201 year gap after that, though. I guess that was the only way to give the Aldmeri Dominion time to rise.
Hurbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:49 AM   #14
obren2obren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genavian View Post

So Oblivion gets only three letters?
Old 11-24-2011, 03:12 AM   #15
Dr Scuttles

The Elder Scrolls: Skymorrowbunalmoonlivionshiverrim.
Dr Scuttles is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V