Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Batman: Arkham City

Old 11-24-2011, 02:52 AM   #1
#DEADC0DE

Banned
Red face I give you the horrifying facts! Proof that the delay of the PC version was a SCAM!

I was doing some... analyzing of the game and managed to extract the build details.

Build name: QA_APPROVED_BUILD_JANUARY_2011
Compiled on: September 27th, 2011 at 18:18.21

The build of the game we have was compiled at the end of September. Probably the same time the console versions were. This gives almost a month worth of Gold which is normal.

And last QA approval was in January...

So... Since this build of the game was compiled on September 27th, almost a month before the console release, noone could possibly have worked to improve any graphics or implementing any PhysX from October 18th till November 15-18th (When it was spotted in stores).

It's exactly like I thought. All that, was implemented long ago, and the delay was just to gain more console sales.

Last edited by #DEADC0DE: 11-24-2011 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Updated title; Updated QA details
Old 11-24-2011, 02:56 AM   #2
koksii

Banned
You would have done the same, if you would be a publisher.
Because your job is it to gain much as money as you can get.
koksii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:40 AM   #3
Mikey-

I'm not following the logic here?

How does delaying the PC version equate to more profit? Okay, so maybe you sell more console copies, because certain PC people are impatient. But then you lose their PC sale? I don't get what you're saying? You're aware, of course, that console games cost slightly more because that money goes to Microsoft?
Mikey- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:49 AM   #4
Tox Laximus

Banned
The trick they pulled was to delay the PC versions twice to try to persuade PC owners to buy a console and the game.

Under handed dealing with M$ and Sony, greedy parasites.

If you managed to wait them out then good for you.
Tox Laximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:51 AM   #5
Land of plenty

WB don't like us, we are all thieves.
Land of plenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:56 AM   #6
#DEADC0DE

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey- View Post
I'm not following the logic here?

How does delaying the PC version equate to more profit? Okay, so maybe you sell more console copies, because certain PC people are impatient. But then you lose their PC sale? I don't get what you're saying? You're aware, of course, that console games cost slightly more because that money goes to Microsoft?
Let me help you to see the logic.

It's a deal with Microsoft to get people to buy consoles out of desperation, and to gain more sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhoenix86 View Post
i bought the X360 version. and did already spend over 50 hours of gameplay.

definitely looking forward to do it again on the PC version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgamer View Post
I think I'm gonna get it on PC as well even though I have the console version
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnypay View Post
got it on 360 but i got a free copy with my gtx590 so will play it on the pc aswell
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclefreaky View Post
played it through on xbox360, awesome game, better than asylum, the menus are improved, graphics improved, player control improved, fight scene animations improved. just waiting to see it in it's DX11 PC graphic glory. it looks amazingly good on console but always twice as good on PC. but if they don't start preloading soon it will be delayed due to server crashes and super slow connections.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOGGE View Post
I'm playing a mooched 360 copy currently but I'll wait until all the DLC there is going to be is released and there is a GOTY version and then pick it up for the PC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC2 Cypher View Post
I have it on console but I can't wait to get it on PC.

Starting to see it?

Last edited by #DEADC0DE: 11-24-2011 at 03:59 AM.
#DEADC0DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 04:12 AM   #7
Diegog5

Ok we see it, but what are we or they going to do they are probably laughing at your post right now.
Diegog5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 04:13 AM   #8
Strike_You

Quote:
Originally Posted by #DEADC0DE View Post

It's a deal with Microsoft to get people to buy consoles out of desperation, and to gain more sales.

Starting to see it?

Well done lol +rep
Strike_You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 04:14 AM   #9
ParadoxSalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tox Laximus View Post
The trick they pulled was to delay the PC versions twice to try to persuade PC owners to buy a console and the game.

Under handed dealing with M$ and Sony, greedy parasites.

If you managed to wait them out then good for you.
I was sorely tempted. This is one of two pre-orders I had for November, both delayed from the console release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land of plenty View Post
WB don't like us, we are all thieves.
I pre-ordered, I paid, knowing full well I couldn't sell my copy on to Gamestop or another, less fortunate gamer. I bought my copy on PC and did not pirate. I am the 99%.

#OCCUPYGAMING

(ok, I know it's more than 99% that probably don't pay, but still. my point stands)
ParadoxSalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:16 AM   #10
Land of plenty

Quote:

I'm starting to wonder if all the problems games are having running DX11 now could be part of a plan to push Windows 8 which ships with Direct 3D 11.1.

WB could even come out with an 'Enhanced Edition' to take full advantage of speedups and new features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadoxSalem View Post
I was sorely tempted. This is one of two pre-orders I had for November, both delayed from the console release.
I was just angry. I still am and its really taking away from my enjoyment of the game.
Land of plenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:37 AM   #11
darktanker89

Yeah it was a ing scam !! it's why it actually don't work on dx11 ... consol don't use dx11 and it ask a lot of work to "convert" it, problem of games primary made for consol. So don't whine it ask more time to finish it.
darktanker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:24 AM   #12
Mountain Man

Quote:
I was doing some... analyzing of the game and managed to extract the build details.

Build name: QA_APPROVED_BUILD_JANUARY_2011
Compiled on: September 27th, 2011 at 18:18.21
I assume that's the main executable you're talking about? If we give Rocksteady the benefit of the doubt, it's possible that the main executable is a generic build with hooks to external system specific libraries in order to facilitate cross platform development. That would mean that Rocksteady could have done later work on library files specific to the PC version which would not be reflected in the compile date of the main executable.

Of course that still doesn't explain or excuse the broken DX11 support, but lets not assume they outright lied to us.

Last edited by Mountain Man: 11-24-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Mountain Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:07 AM   #13
Ricky Nihil

This was assumed right from the very start. But Sarah, the community liason person on the official forum flat out lied in desperation that the reason for the game's delay was because 'we are still working on it'.

Most of us decided to blame Warner Brothers for everything, but Rocksteady themselves look to be equally to blame for the whole mess. Why did they even bother to make a PC version when they apparently didn't want to? Our few quid too much for them to resist?
Ricky Nihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:31 AM   #14
villen42

oh wow. the fact that the PC game was sitting on store shelves long ago does not prove it. we needed some uberintelligent human being to show us the truth messing with the game files. thanks for opening our eyes!

btw, i don't blame them. every company has the right to make some money, even with some "master race" that can't deal with his game running on directx9.
villen42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:57 AM   #15
Gamer@Heart

Well at least your pc can HANDLE BAC!! T_T
Gamer@Heart is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Batman: Arkham City