Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Batman: Arkham City

Old 11-26-2011, 07:12 AM   #1
evolmonster

Fatal error! QA_APPROVED_BUILD

Hiya guys

So i've got arkham city on steam, left if overnight to download, installed it today.
When I start the game (I've turned DX11 off), I get the following error :

Fatal error!
QA_APPROVED_BUILD_JANUARY_2011 387507 27-09-2011 18:18.21 (Wwise: 2011.1.1.0 3886) Game
Address= 0x0 (Filename not found).

An interesting error. I can't find anything about this on the web.
Seems a bit odd to mention a QA build in an error message. is this unreleasable code? Is it QA code?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Old 12-10-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
nagarishi

Fatal Error QA.....

Dude! download and install the latest directx software from Microsoft website. Works like a charm.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:53 PM   #3
evolmonster

I have tried copying the files that are batman is complaining about from the directX cab files.
Tried the latest patch.
Tried reinstalling batman again.
Tried directx diag, and that says there are no issues.
All other games play perfectly.

Does anyone else have any more advice?!!
Old 12-11-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
RevD_CobblePot

turning off physx might do the trick.

I have gotten that error before, but it happens randomly when you least expect it. I think i only got that message/crash about 3 times so far since AC came out.

I suspect it has something to do with Win7 64 bit not being properly coded or something up with Physx. Like i said, I'm playing Physx high and i haven't encountered it in a while, so It's not fully certain what causes it.
RevD_CobblePot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:36 PM   #5
Obfuscated

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolmonster View Post
Hiya guys

So i've got arkham city on steam, left if overnight to download, installed it today.
When I start the game (I've turned DX11 off), I get the following error :

Fatal error!
QA_APPROVED_BUILD_JANUARY_2011 387507 27-09-2011 18:18.21 (Wwise: 2011.1.1.0 3886) Game
Address= 0x0 (Filename not found).

An interesting error. I can't find anything about this on the web.
Seems a bit odd to mention a QA build in an error message. is this unreleasable code? Is it QA code?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Cheers
It means the last QA was in January, and that the PC version was last touched by developers on September 27th. At least engine-wise.
Obfuscated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:19 PM   #6
nagarishi

evolmonster,
I dint understand what you said in your latest post, but here is the deal.

I am havin Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate edition. I got the same problem as you said when tried to run batman. From the error I understood that it has something to do with Directx. so here is what I ve done.

I went through this link and downloaded Directx and installed.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...s.aspx?id=8109

After this I ran the game and it worked superbly.

Even though you have tried so many other things like patches, my advise is to try this method once.

Good Luck
Old 12-12-2011, 12:28 AM   #7
Obfuscated

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarishi View Post
evolmonster,
I dint understand what you said in your latest post, but here is the deal.

I am havin Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate edition. I got the same problem as you said when tried to run batman. From the error I understood that it has something to do with Directx. so here is what I ve done.

I went through this link and downloaded Directx and installed.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...s.aspx?id=8109

After this I ran the game and it worked superbly.

Even though you have tried so many other things like patches, my advise is to try this method once.

Good Luck
Or just run the installers in steam\steamapps\common\batman2\setup
Obfuscated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:02 PM   #8
evolmonster

Ok guys. I have downloaded the directX distributable, again, installed it again.
Same errors as always.
The best I can get to happen is that the directX errors dont happen, and then the QA error pops up as always.

I can try deleting all content again, but i've done that about 8 times now!
So far WB have been less than helpful. They have suggested I restart my PC. Awesome.

One thing I might not have mentioned is that I have Win7 installed on a SSD, and steam installed on a separate drive.
Could it be that steam/batman is getting mixed up about where the directX files are kept?
That would be strange considering skyrim and other games work perfectly.

Anyone else wanna suggest anything else?

Cheers for all the help so far guys.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #9
Kraygh

The Fix

I have been searching for this answer for days across several forums, trying other's suggestions like updating drivers, installing .Net and C+++ and all that nonsense. None of that is related to this problem. I haven't seen anyone WITH the exact same problem report the solution. So here it is.

Just to clarify what the problem is, the game will not even start. It begins loading by attempting to install Directx (first time setup). Just as its about to finish, you get a "Fatal error!" window. This is a problem with Directx installed on YOUR computer. Trying to install Directx straight from Microsoft will fail in a similar way, which is what tells you it's not a problem with the game or any other component. It's your Directx.
Now the bad news. Due to the fact that Directx is integrated into windows core, anyone outside of Microsoft is not going to be able to "remove" Directx from Windows without risking glitches to the operating system that will haunt you later.

This leaves you with two options:

The pain-in-the-butt free method: Perform a clean install of Windows. I don't need to tell you why that sucks. Wasting a day getting your computer back up to the way you like from scratch is no fun.

The quick easy way, (but might cost you 20 bucks): Download the only program that can remove and replace Directx for you. It's called "Directx Happy Uninstall". The program is available as a shareware download, but I read that it's so limited, it's useless without paying for the full version so I just paid outright. If you can find a full version or get the shareware to work for you, all you have to do is select the "Rollback" option which asks for your original Windows installation DVD and then safely restores your Directx. If you don't have the DVD, there's an option to uninstall Directx without it, leaving you to reinstall yourself by downloading from Microsoft.
I did the Rollback method, and was playing Batman 5 min later.

Good luck.
Kraygh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #10
stratege1401

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolmonster View Post
Ok guys. I have downloaded the directX distributable, again, installed it again.
Same errors as always.
The best I can get to happen is that the directX errors dont happen, and then the QA error pops up as always.

I can try deleting all content again, but i've done that about 8 times now!
So far WB have been less than helpful. They have suggested I restart my PC. Awesome.

One thing I might not have mentioned is that I have Win7 installed on a SSD, and steam installed on a separate drive.
Could it be that steam/batman is getting mixed up about where the directX files are kept?
That would be strange considering skyrim and other games work perfectly.

Anyone else wanna suggest anything else?

Cheers for all the help so far guys.
SAME HERE !!!!!!!

FRESH W7x64 INSTALL

USING A Corsair Force GT ATA Device (240Go)

STEAM INSTALLED ON ANOTHER DISK ......
stratege1401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:40 PM   #11
MASTAN

I have SSD with Win7 x64 and Steam installed on separate drive, but no such problem.
MASTAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:46 AM   #12
stratege1401

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratege1401 View Post
SAME HERE !!!!!!!

FRESH W7x64 INSTALL

USING A Corsair Force GT ATA Device (240Go)

STEAM INSTALLED ON ANOTHER DISK ......

Finaly, i fixed my problem.

What i did:

- reinstall the FULL DirectX
- inside steam, setup - downs+cloud => uncheck enable steam cloud
- reinstall Client Games for Windows Marketplace for PC
- Inside CGWM-PC, setup - use option for deleting ALL PLAYERS PROFILES + reset factory settings for saved places
- back to steam - library - games property - local games files => verify integrity of cache files
- inside steam, setup - downs+cloud => REcheck enable steam cloud
- Quit steam
- launch steam
- launch games
- ingames client for "Client Games for Windows Marketplace" asked for credentials => filled them up again
- MIRACLE, works.

HINTS= my problems seems to be a changes (or more missing files) for the CGWM-PC

HINTS2 = used the /REVOKE to save my activation for the game, of course
stratege1401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #13
neuralclone

I just started getting this error after 133 hours of gameplay. In my case, it doesn't even specify which files are missing. It just says that it can't find them.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/821/qabuild.jpg/

I have:

-restarted my computer/Steam
-reinstalled Steam
-validated/defragged my game cache
-reinstall everything in the Setup directory
-moved and re-downloaded all of my DLC (using the Games for Windows LIVE client thingie)
-updated all of my drivers
-run Windows Update

Nothing seems to eliminate this issue. It always crashes after checking for the DLC. And yes, it crashed in the same place before I moved the DLC. I tried the solution in the previous post and I still have the issue.
neuralclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:26 AM   #14
neuralclone

Fixed this problem. I deleted the local content and completely re-downloaded the game. I don't know how verifying the game integrity didn't discover an issue but apparently this problem isn't always detected by verifying the game files. Very odd.
neuralclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:46 AM   #15
anthonyda

This problem can be fixed by switching the option to use DX9 instead of DX11.

Still, the game should be able to run fine with DX11...
anthonyda is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Batman: Arkham City