Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 11-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #1
De@dlySk1ttl3s

Door code to Dead Man's Respite

After you recover the king olaf's verse book go back out to the magic sealed door the spirit will open in for you and the code door requires the ruby dragon claw and the code is Wolf, Bird, Wolf

after you get in epic fight side to side with the ghost but up the stairs WATCH THE KINGS SHOUT if u kinda low lvl instant death

good luck
Old 11-28-2011, 12:37 PM   #2
Cowardly Noob

And why did you decide to post this bit of information?

I can figure it out myself.
Cowardly Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:42 PM   #3
Jano Ris

There is really no point to this thread lol...most people will figure it out themselves, especially since it isnt the first dragon claw "enigma"...they are all the same

and people that really don't know how to solve that will probably look in a walkthrough and not in SPUF

We should really make a Thread for every little event in the game
Jano Ris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:51 PM   #4
iamkewl

Banned
Seriously..... the code is on the claw lol. Negative rep for you!
iamkewl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:32 PM   #5
chronicpirate

I'm guessing OP forgot about the first puzzle like this and stumbled around for 2 hours before checking items in his inventory... Or he didn't figure it out himself and looked it up elsewhere and posted it here thinking "I'll bet this is a super stumper that half of the steam user forums can't solve" Maybe not but I can't think of any other reason he would post this..
chronicpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:17 PM   #6
De@dlySk1ttl3s

wow ppl have nothing else better to do than hate on other ppl???? onine????

gezz go play the game and stop commenting on stuff u all ready knw

what is ur problem ppl??
De@dlySk1ttl3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:51 PM   #7
Yokozunayojimbo

What I am wondering is O nine?

What do you expect you posted the answer to a very easy puzzle that has been posted on various sites for weeks not like many people really needed help with it.

Last edited by Yokozunayojimbo: 12-01-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Yokozunayojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #8
rondar59

Quote:
Originally Posted by De@dlySk1ttl3s View Post
After you recover the king olaf's verse book go back out to the magic sealed door the spirit will open in for you and the code door requires the ruby dragon claw and the code is Wolf, Bird, Wolf

after you get in epic fight side to side with the ghost but up the stairs WATCH THE KINGS SHOUT if u kinda low lvl instant death

good luck
What a butt! You could at least use the
Spoiler:
Spoiler coding
if you are going to give away parts of the game.
rondar59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:13 PM   #9
Xinra

I had a difficult time figure out those ancient Nord door codes myself in the beginning. Here's what to do:
Spoiler:
Navigate to your menu, and look for the particular claw you're using. Next navigate over to move the claw three-dimensionaly, and rotate the item until you see the code in the palm of the device. Every single door mechanism you encounter hereafter will be the same way.
Xinra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #10
liho1eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinra View Post
I had a difficult time figure out those ancient Nord door codes myself in the beginning. Here's what to do:
The only annoying part about that is figuring out which claw it is.
liho1eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #11
Techstrocity

This OP also makes my head hurt. What is it with atrociously illiterate people making barely intelligible threads on SUF today?
Techstrocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:31 AM   #12
De@dlySk1ttl3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinra View Post
Spoiler:
Navigate to your menu, and look for the particular claw you're using. Next navigate over to move the claw three-dimensionaly, and rotate the item until you see the code in the palm of the device. Every single door mechanism you encounter hereafter will be the same way.
thx for the info and your kindness

most of these ppl on here dont have gf's or have a bully or something they are all mad at how much their life sucks and need someone like me to post something that doesnt help them and they want to take there anger out on me

and next time ill use the Spoiler coding i guess

Last edited by De@dlySk1ttl3s: 12-02-2011 at 10:34 AM.
De@dlySk1ttl3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:08 AM   #13
Indru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokozunayojimbo View Post
What I am wondering is O nine?

What do you expect you posted the answer to a very easy puzzle that has been posted on various sites for weeks not like many people really needed help with it.
You are haters, the ones criticizing him. Thing is, I have 80 hours of play in Skyrim and this is the first and only door code that I encountered in which there weren't used all three of the door signs.

I tried all the combinations that used every sign, and when I realized that the code wasn't using all the signs I knew it would take a lot of time for me to try every possible combination. So I googled it, and found this thread which helped me a lot.

Plus, I didn't know the thing with the code being written on the claw. This is the first time I hear about it. I checked, and it's true. The code is on the claw. I usually just try combinations until I get it right.

I think it would have been much better if every "coded" door would have used all the signs and no code would have been written on the claw, because trying codes and finding out for yourself it's kinda the purpose of the game.

Yes, I know, I cheated by coming here and searching for the code, but that's just because I find it unfair that the door was different than the others and didn't use all the three signs, but only two of them, unlike the rest of the doors in the game.
Indru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:24 AM   #14
Darkobra

How could you not know? "He who has the golden claw has the answer in the palm of his hand." Kinda set the premise for every puzzle in Skyrim.
Darkobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:25 AM   #15
OrigAlthazar

EXCUSE ME? You DID go to Bleak Falls Barrow, RIGHT? If so, you're forgetting about something. Now, it might not involve a claw; but it CERATAINLY nvolves a combination!
And, BTW, in addition to "the claw" the combinations for ALMOST everyone of the others is right there in front of (and/or AROUND) you!
That said, give him a break; he was TRYING to do what he THOUGHT would be a nice thing to help out gamers who didn't already know it. So, EDUCATE HIM.
OrigAlthazar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V